Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

AC Milan fans have a new goalkeeping prodigy - 16-year old Gianluigi Donnarumma was given the go-ahead for the league match against Sassuolo on the weekend, making him the second-youngest debutant for the Red & Black in their history. Only Paolo Maldini was younger when he first started out for the "Milanisti".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3288679/AC-Milan-hand-Serie-debut-16-year-old-goalkeeper-Gianluigi-Donnarumma-against-Sassuolo-Diego-Lopez-drop-bench.html

The Fortuna Düsseldorf dude is the top boy there. He appears less than fond of stepping in puddles, does not like to ride the regular bus, likes to put from far off the green, is chromatically skilled, is a fan of horticulture on inclines and is kind to his mother, in my opinion.

Might be gay, too.

• Like 3

Putting my bets on and came across the Polish league table.. noticed how (to me) a total random team are a good few points clear at the top, another random team are 2nd and unbeaten, Legia Warsaw are already quite a way off top which led me to look at where what I thought the 2nd best team were in the league (Lech Poznan) and they're bottom!?!?

Lech have been awful this year. Reported dressing room unrest, which seems to have subsided with the appointment of Jan Urban as manager. Beat Legia on Sunday (who have also changed coach), and Fiorentina in the week.

Piast Gliwice (who are top) have been in great form, although they lost at the weekend. Was at their game against Wisła just before the international break, and their position isn't a fluke. Cracovia and Pogoń Szczecin are also up there, and they too have been playing very well.

• Like 1

Just read this:

Enrique to play kids in Cup

Barcelona coach Luis Enrique says he will field as many youngsters as the rules permit in Wednesday's Copa del Rey fixture against third-tier Villanovense.

"My intention is to use as many youth players as possible and I would have liked to use more," the Spaniard said. 

"The rules though state that we have to field seven first team players and that is the situation. It would have been better that more players didn't have to travel." 

Is there a limit on how many kids you can play with in English cup competitions?

If not do you think there should be?

Well, what a shame.

The rights to broadcast the EPL in Australia have been bought by Optus (Optus-Singtel a large communications company in Aust).

Foxtel, (Murdochs Sky sports equivalent here in OZ) have owned the EPL rights for as long as theyve been around and now theyve been outbid by Optus.... hallelujah!!!!.... Im not suggesting that Optus are clean, but they certainly arent as dirty and disgusting as the Murdoch Media machine.

At last i will be able to subscribe and watch the EPL in reasonable quality rather than watch a dodgy stream. As long as i know my money aint going in that C***s pocket im happy to pay.

Wonder what this means for the EPL in the future even in the UK?

Edit $50 million by the way

http://www.afr.com/business/sport/optus-snatches-australian-english-premier-league-from-fox-sports-20151101-gkocnf 

Edited by ozleicester