Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

Borussia Mönchengladbach have failed to break a club record of seven straight wins in the Bundesliga. The goalless home draw against newly-promoted Ingolstadt was a feisty affair - including play acting, yellow and red cards, late drama and a lot of tension.

Eden Hazard's brother Thorgan came close to secure all three points - in injury time and with a man down!

Leicester-esque turnaround of their fortunes after that horrific start!

It's really shit that we can get Asian and African qualifiers on TV but not South American ones. Really shit.

That is shit, but aside from the time difference, it's probably because CONMEBOL and the federations are asking for stupidly high fees for the broadcast rights.

Traffic Sports is (or at least has been) a big player in distributing the rights for Brazil games, so that tells you all you need to know.

In the US, BeIN Sports shows all the SA qualifiers, but that's probably because it's owned by al-Jazeera, for whom paying for broadcast rights is like using Monopoly money.

Edited by Jordan

That's a nice gesture from a club and community that have shown themselves to have big hearts (notably with their outreach programs for recovering drug and alcohol addicts).

I've never heard of a side wearing another team's shirts like that, at least not in modern times, aside from France wearing an Argentine club's shirts in 1978 for a kit clash (and with exception for clubs wearing their opponents' away shirts, like Leicester vs Brighton a few years ago).

With the way licensing agreements are these days, I wonder if this was actually allowed (Nike and the FFF might have a strict exclusive agreement for their apparel/logos). I'm willing to think if so, all parties would put aside legal squabbles for this kind move... Although I'm not sure how many French fans would want to buy an Accies shirt :P

Edited by Jordan

That's a nice gesture from a club and community that have shown themselves to have big hearts (notably with their outreach programs for recovering drug and alcohol addicts).

I've never heard of a side wearing another team's shirts like that, at least not in modern times, aside from France wearing an Argentine club's shirts in 1978 for a kit clash (and with exception for clubs wearing their opponents' away shirts, like Leicester vs Brighton a few years ago).

With the way licensing agreements are these days, I wonder if this was actually allowed (Nike and the FFF might have a strict exclusive agreement for their apparel/logos). I'm willing to think if so, all parties would put aside legal squabbles for this kind move... Although I'm not sure how many French fans would want to buy an Accies shirt :P

Yeah never heard of it either unless it's been some cock-up from the club's kit staff.

St Etienne are also wearing an altered kit tonight. Where the sponsor usually would be is the circle with the Eiffel tower in it.