Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

Rafael Benitez could be at the end of some serious repercussions:

Real Madrid won their cup match against Cadiz 3-1, but the manager fielded Denis Cheryshev, who, following a one-match ban, was not eligible to compete in that game.

“We had no idea that Cheryshev was ineligible to play,” said the manager after the game. “No one informed us of this situation. As soon as we were aware we took him off.”

lol

The manager's fault or the club's fault for ignoring the ban?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/02/real-madrid-copa-del-rey-expulsion-ineligible-player

:blink:

Could probably explain why he doesn't want to announce who the mother of his boy is..

I still don't know how that was allowed to happen.

I'm not some religious nut but just paying attractive women $10million to carry sperm and then never be heard of again leaving the baby to a single man really can't be the way parenthood is supposed to be, if you get a chance to watch the Ronaldi film do it, he's a very strange man who has some seriously deep issues, probably stemming from he death of his father at an early age.

If there is any truth to that it can't be easy for him, having to feel the need to hide it at the moment... he always seems like a lonely guy to me, and it must be difficult at times I guess.

There's something not right with Ronaldo. If he is actually gay then I can respect why that's going to be bringing him down a bit in the current situation.

EDIT: Just read that back and it looks a lot worse than it's meant to lol but I think you get me.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

Sad news from Honduras: Former Rangers midfielder Arnold Peralta has been shot dead in a shopping mall parking lot of his hometown of La Ceiba in a hit & run incident.

The Middle American country is currently one of the most dangerous places on Earth with killing rates rising as a consequence of gang wars.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-35068362

R.I.P.

Watching some of the world club championship. River Plate are playing a Japanese team, terrible match but the Japanese are far better. Disappointed how poor the S.Americans are.

Edit. River Plate have just scored.

Edited by Webbo

Watching some of the world club championship. River Plate are playing a Japanese team, terrible match but the Japanese are far better. Disappointed how poor the S.Americans are.

Edit. River Plate have just scored.

Coolest kit in World Football though.

Iniesta was half asleep and still pulled all the strings for Barcelona today. His pass to Suarez for the 2nd of the hat trick was almost as good as Mahrez's ball to Vardy for the opener vs Chelsea.

And if you're a bit squeamish, don't watch any videos of Zou Zheng's horrible leg injury! I think he did his knee and dislocated his ankle, that's how bad it was.

Ronaldinho may be tempted to return to Europe...

... to play for mighty FC Sion in Switzerland! :D

Well, you may think it sounds absurd, but his older brother Roberto Assis, whom he admires no end, played there some twenty years ago and Ronaldinho even had a short spell at Sion as a youth player.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3365113/Swiss-Sion-aiming-complete-surprise-capture-Barcelona-legend-Ronaldinho.html

Gotta be publicity stunt. This guy is beyond his "best before date".

I'd say he's still good enough to perform in the Swiss top division, though. :D

Don't forget the amount of publicity it'd bring to the club, the guy's a money maker.

And who knows - maybe he actually manages to put his act together one final time and overcome his sometimes lacklustre attitude and disciplinary issues...