Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

Sad to hear! One of Europe's most effective 'stoppers' in the mid 90s. Uncompromising, but effective!

From an era when football was certainly uncompromising, especially in that part of the world. Stoichkov, Hagi, Prosinecki... players that combined flair with grit, and centre halves that would terrify and amaze in equal measure. Maybe I'm over romanticising things, but I do love the idea of France or Germany being taken apart by a team of relative unknowns in a muddy field in the Balkans. I doubt we'll see international sides like that again...

Shouldn't have had those two pints at lunch...

Why doesn't everyone do that? Very effective.

because its probably easier to just score. 

all it takes is a defender to stand in front of suarez's run and he doesn't get there. it's really good showing off but it's pretty pointless. i'd wager if they happened 20 times, vardy's penalty yesterday gets a goal more often than messi/suarez's. 

because its probably easier to just score. 

all it takes is a defender to stand in front of suarez's run and he doesn't get there. it's really good showing off but it's pretty pointless. i'd wager if they happened 20 times, vardy's penalty yesterday gets a goal more often than messi/suarez's. 

Absolutely, it seemed to take Suarez and age to get to the ball. A more switched on defence/goalkeeper would probably have stopped that.

That being said, it's ballsy to try it given how Henry and Pires completely messed it up. If Mahrez ever steps up for a pen again I hope he does that. We'll have more chance of scoring.

Neymar and his peoples must be the stupidest and most arrogant fools if they get done for tax evasion in Brazil, of all places. I'll be damned if the auditor quoted in that article didn't wink a few times when he spoke about what Neymar's got to do to settle this. I'm sure he'll be back on that private jet once he makes a payment for a third of the the amount owed plus a few well-placed paper bags.

Neymar and his peoples must be the stupidest and most arrogant fools if they get done for tax evasion in Brazil, of all places. I'll be damned if the auditor quoted in that article didn't wink a few times when he spoke about what Neymar's got to do to settle this. I'm sure he'll be back on that private jet once he makes a payment for a third of the the amount owed plus a few well-placed paper bags.

Just refuse to play for brazil. Im sure charges will be dropped then.

Three EU ministers have started a petition asking for an inquiry regarding Gareth Bale's transfer to Real Madrid. They are under the impression that taxpayers' money was used in the deal.

One out of the money lenders involved in the deal, Bankia, was only shortly before bailed out by the Spanish government in 2012.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2012/jun/03/spain-bankia-bailout-imf-eurozone

West Midlands representative and EU council member D. Dalton is one of the three people involved in the official request:

Edited by MC Prussian