Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

Why the hell did they give the 5th to Lukaku? I know he's taken penalties before, but he's a young lad trying to force his way into a big team, surely one of the senior player like Lampard should have stepped up.

Lampard scored Chelsea`s 3rd  :ph34r:

Lampard did take one though...

No I mean someone like Lampard should have held back until the 5th and not lumped all the possible pressure on Lukaku. I know he scored the 3rd.

Good game too, refreshing after todays dirge.

Yeah. I watch more European football than PL these days because I work weekends in the day so get home at 6 or so and there'll be a La Liga game, a Serie A game or a Ligue 1 game (or all 3 :D) that I'll watch. Been some right good ones already this season. 

Am I the only one really confused about this Ozil move? Ozil is better than Bale, Di Maria and Modric (all amazing players, btw) so why would they sell him? Ozil could play alongside either Alonso or Khedira and rotate with Isco in the advanced position so it has to be just the money.

Am I the only one really confused about this Ozil move? Ozil is better than Bale, Di Maria and Modric (all amazing players, btw) so why would they sell him? Ozil could play alongside either Alonso or Khedira and rotate with Isco in the advanced position so it has to be just the money.

I don't quite get it. It seems pretty obvious that they can't have Ronaldo, Bale, Di Maria, Isco, Ozil and probably a few other youth players all to occupy a few positions. And they're all pretty good players! 

Ozil would be boss for Arsenal although I dunno how he'd fit in there either, Cazorla, Walcott, Podolski, Ox (as well as Miyachi, Sanogo and some other youngsters) all take up attacking mid/wide roles there. 

I think Bale is a better player than Ozil, in as much as they are comparable.

I don't quite get it. It seems pretty obvious that they can't have Ronaldo, Bale, Di Maria, Isco, Ozil and probably a few other youth players all to occupy a few positions. And they're all pretty good players! 

Ozil would be boss for Arsenal although I dunno how he'd fit in there either, Cazorla, Walcott, Podolski, Ox (as well as Miyachi, Sanogo and some other youngsters) all take up attacking mid/wide roles there. 

Shift Walcott up front with Giroud. 

Miyachi and Sanogo won't get that many games. Leaves Cazorla, Podolski, Ramsey, Rosicky, Diaby and Ozil across the middle in their own positions (Podolski could play up top too). Diaby could probably be taken out that list actually because he'll be injured for most of it. Would include Wilshere but he's made of glass as well. 

Shift Walcott up front with Giroud. 

Miyachi and Sanogo won't get that many games. Leaves Cazorla, Podolski, Ramsey, Rosicky, Diaby and Ozil across the middle in their own positions (Podolski could play up top too). Diaby could probably be taken out that list actually because he'll be injured for most of it. Would include Wilshere but he's made of glass as well. 

Hmmm, you reckon they'll change their tactics and formation? I'd be surprised to see anything other than how they roll at the moment. 

Arteta and Ramsay (unless Wilshire gets match fit which he's NEVER been) in behind Cazorla, Podolski and Walcott and the three behind Giroud. Where does Ozil come into that? You could move Cazorla out wide, sack off Podolski and put Ozil in the hole I reckon, but I like Podolski and think Cazorla would be slightly wasted on the wing. Will be interesting to see what happens though.