Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

Just saw this on the Guardian's Fiver....

"We have to go to [Roma's Olimpico] knowing that we will face a team that has shiny teeth. We must be the ones with no teeth, no hair and no face battling as miners"

– Chievo coach Giuseppe Sannino's battle cry before his bottom-placed club's trip to league-leaders Rome, must rank among the weirdest.

Dan, why do you refer to the champions league as the 'champions' league?

Am I missing something obvious lol ?

lol

It's very petty. Been answered though. The naming of it makes no sense in the slightest to me.

I see Roma's run is over then.

Very nice, that, by Pogba.

Reminds me of Henry vs Utd where he flicks it up with his right foot and powers it in over Barthez with that same foot. Great technique. So much space though!

Henry's was much better because it's all in one movement. He spins and volleys it before it's started to drop, with a defender close up behind him. Pogba's reminds me more of one Adebayor scored against Spurs a few years ago. Pogba has so much time it's ridiculous. To let the ball go a good 2 feet above a players head and not make a challenge is pathetic.

Pogba possibly Fergie's biggest mistake?

Henry's was much better because it's all in one movement. He spins and volleys it before it's started to drop, with a defender close up behind him. Pogba's reminds me more of one Adebayor scored against Spurs a few years ago. Pogba has so much time it's ridiculous. To let the ball go a good 2 feet above a players head and not make a challenge is pathetic.

Pogba possibly Fergie's biggest mistake?

Not signing Shearer or Gascoigne were his biggest mistakes.

Yanited landed Pogba in dubious circumstances anyway, hilarious to see him poached from under their noses and doing so well at Juventus.