Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

Juventus have been fined after a decision to allow schoolchildren to use seats usually occupied by hardcore fans banned for discriminatory chanting backfired.

The Serie A club let 12,200 children sit at both ends of their stadium for Sunday's match against Udinese but the children behaved little better than the ultras and Juve were fined €5,000 (£4,200) after they shouted abuse at the Udinese keeper Zeljko Brkic every time he took a goal-kick.

"Juventus were fined after their (very, very young) supporters repeatedly aimed an insulting chant at a player from the opposing team," Serie A's disciplinary panel said in a statement. The children were copying a popular ritual in Italian stadiums where the visiting goalkeeper is insulted whenever he takes a goal-kick.

"I wanted to say something right after the game because it bothered me but I didn't want to put any oil on the fire and I decided to stay quiet," the Udinese coach Francesco Guidolin told Italian media.

"For a club such as Juventus where everything is beautiful, in particular where the stadium gives you the idea that you are not in Italy, it is really troublesome to hear those words every time the goalkeeper puts the ball into play."

Mad innit? To be fair he's made nearly 400 club appearances and has 115 caps - that's pretty impressive at just 27!

Especially when you consider he usually misses at least 10 games a season through suspension :D

lol  lol lol  lol  lol  lol  

_71757756_ronaldo_reuters.jpg

15 December 2013 Last updated at 20:20

Cristiano Ronaldo: Real Madrid man opens museum in his honour

Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo has opened a museum in his honour, which he said has extra room to be filled by future trophies.

Ronaldo, 28, is currently on the three-man shortlist to be named the Ballon d'Or winner for a second time.

Ronaldo's honour roll
_71758455_ronaldo_getty.jpg
  • 2008 Ballon d'Or winner
  • Three Premier League titles
  • One Champions League
  • One Copa del Rey
  • One La Liga title
  • Two Golden Boot awards

"It's a special day, I don't want to mention specific ones" he said. "All I want is to win more and if the Ballon d'Or comes, there is extra room here."

The museum in his native Madeira exhibits more than 125 awards.

Ronaldo won the prestigious 2008 Ballon d'Or title, formerly known as the Fifa World Player of the year title, while with Manchester United.

Before his six-year spell at Old Trafford ended with a then-world record £80m transfer to Real Madrid in 2009, he won three Premier Leagues, one Champions League, one FA Cup, two League Cups and one Fifa Club World Cup.

His success has continued in Spain, where he won the Copa del Rey in 2010-11 and La Liga in 2011-12 under now Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho.

The Portugal international opened his museum, which occupies the ground floor of a five-storey building, in front of a frenzy of reporters and fans.

"Here is the evidence of what I have won, no one will take it away from here and these were things I wanted to share with my fans, show them what I have already achieved," he said speaking from the island which is approximately 250 miles off the southern coast of Portugal.

The first piece on display dates back to when Ronaldo was eight and top-scored in a tournament with his boyhood club Andorinha. It also contains mementos from his senior playing career, including two Golden Boot awards won for being European football's top scorer.

Ronaldo is competing with Barcelona forward Lionel Messi and Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery to be named the 2013 Ballon d'Or recipient, with the winner to be revealed at a ceremony in Zurich on 13 January.

Edited by Vacamion

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to become official soon - Robert Lewandowski has signed a pre-contract with Bayern:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25605262

The amount of world class players in Bayern's roster is becoming more and more ridiculous.

I'm sure they don't have any scouts, they just use Dortmund's.

No doubt Dortmund will have a decent youngster lined up.

My local team has signed Johan Vonlanthen, the youngest player ever to score at a European Championship, on a loan basis until the end of the season. lol

Hope he'll regain his form from six or seven years ago - guy's got talent, but wasted it. Being part of the Seventh-Day Adventist Church didn't help him, either.

AC Milan now trail 3-2 away at Sassuolo, after having led 2-0 within 13 minutes. lol

Domenico Berardi, the 19-year old Juventus loanee, has bagged a proper hattrick so far.

And still 45 minutes to go...

Edited by MC Prussian

AC Milan now trail 3-2 away at Sassuolo, after having led 2-0 within 13 minutes. lol

Domenico Berardi, the 19-year old Juventus loanee, has bagged a proper hattrick so far.

And still 45 minutes to go...

What a game that was. Absolute cliffhanger. The very definition of spirited from Sassuolo, they were dead on their feet towards the end. Milan truly are terrible.

What a game that was. Absolute cliffhanger. The very definition of spirited from Sassuolo, they were dead on their feet towards the end. Milan truly are terrible.

4-3 in the end. First win for tiny Sassuolo Calcio in their first ever home game against AC Milan. Berardi with all four goals for them! lol