Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

People will rave about Messi again & the likes of Xavi & Iniesta and rightfully so.

But Sergio Busquets was just as good as them tonight, doesn't get another credit, might be hated by lots, but tonight he was incredible, hardly lost the ball, and when on it he was so calm. Quality player.

Ramos and Pepe are the most dislikeable centre half pairing on the planet by an absolute distance.

Messi's penalties were quality. Massive pressure in both and they were both quality penalties. His first was a very nice goal as well, one touch to take it away from about three defenders, the next it's slotted in before any have a chance to think. Amazed I read people talking that goal down.

Benzema's second was terrific.

Guest Col city fan

I was watching the Bundesliga highlights earlier. Did I hear right? Bayern haven't lost a game in the Bundesliga for 50 games? And they are one game away (based on other results also) from winning the league already?

If so, that's no good.. its too easy for them.

I was watching the Bundesliga highlights earlier. Did I hear right? Bayern haven't lost a game in the Bundesliga for 50 games? And they are one game away (based on other results also) from winning the league already?

They're the richest club in the entire league and have had long-term planning in place for decades.

Bayern are probably the most active success- and profit-oriented club in the world. Ambition doesn't come close to describe it. There are maniacs at the helm, and I mean that in both good and bad terms.

Not only are they filthy-rich, they also usually buy wisely to complement their already star-studded team. One could say they're actively weakening other Bundesliga clubs by simply buying other talent away.

A year without a title in Munich is a lost year.

Yeah they could have won it the weekend just gone. Dortmund AND Schalke had to not win but I think they both did. 

I can't knock them but it's made it all so dull. It's the biggest one horse race out there.

Funny how it all turns though. Germany and France have both had about 6 different winners over the past 10 years yet both are complete one horse races now and yet in England, where it's often been dominated by a select 2/3 sides and Spain, where it's been a 2 horse race for years, you have the two best title races either has had in years.

My argument though is Bayern would romp any league, Spain & England included. They are that good.

• Like 1

I can't knock them but it's made it all so dull. It's the biggest one horse race out there.

Funny how it all turns though. Germany and France have both had about 6 different winners over the past 10 years yet both are complete one horse races now and yet in England, where it's often been dominated by a select 2/3 sides and Spain, where it's been a 2 horse race for years, you have the two best title races either has had in years.

My argument though is Bayern would romp any league, Spain & England included. They are that good.

I don't think they would be much (if at all) further ahead of the Spain 3 but I agree, they'd piss on the PL.

I don't think Atletico would win the prem, particularly. They're no more elite than City, Chelsea or even Liverpool this year.

I hate Chelsea and Mourinho but they're coming together very well.

Barca and Real are obviously different mustard.

Guest MattP

I don't think Atletico would win the prem, particularly. They're no more elite than City, Chelsea or even Liverpool this year.

I hate Chelsea and Mourinho but they're coming together very well.

Barca and Real are obviously different mustard.

I would make Atletico faves in the PL, I'm been really impressed by them this season, they must have 4-5 of the most under rated players in World football in that starting eleven now and clearly have a genius in charge. Capable of winning the CL as well.

If you are top of La Liga towards the end of March with Barca and Real having the talent they do you are some side.

Easy to under-estimate Atletico. They're actually in with a genuine shout of winning it and there's only 9 games to go and they've had as many European distractions as the others too.

Find it interesting that in four games against Atletico & Barca, Real Madrid have only taken one point.