Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

atletico and barca win again, both in difficult games. 

barca won their derby away at espanyol thanks to a messi pen and atletico have just got 3 points at bilbao having gone 1 down after 5 minutes. costa was superb. 

real kick off at 9 with the easiest of the 3 games, can't afford any more slip ups if they want this league. 

I swear they get more penalties than we do!  :blink:

Reading about a swedish fan being killed before a recent game.  Sweden still has real problems with violence at games, maybe this tragic event will change things, although I'm not so sure, they don't seem to have done much to combat the problem.

Referee Martin Hansson abandoned the game when supporters invaded the pitch after one man died in clashes between both sets of fans earlier in the day

An unnamed supporter of Swedish side Djurgardens has been killed before the Stockholm club’s match with Helsingborg, it has been confirmed, with the match later being abandoned.

Fans of both sides clashed in the centre of Helsingborg before Sunday’s game and the supporter was taken to hospital with serious head injuries before the police confirmed that the 43-year-old had lost his life.

A police spokesperson told website Fotbollskanalen: "I can confirm that a person has died at Helsingborg Hospital. He was brought there after an incident at Karntrappan in central Helsingborg."

The game was later abandoned as fans of the visiting side invaded the Olympia Stadium pitch and began singing "murderers, murderers" to Helsingborg fans.

Referee Martin Hansson was forced to take the players off the pitch just before half-time for security reasons with the score at 1-1 and the match was not restarted as a stand-off took place between fans and police.

"It is a black day," Helsingborg sporting director Jesper Jansson said afterwards. "It is extremely tragic for this guy's family, for football and for the whole community really."

Reading about a swedish fan being killed before a recent game. Sweden still has real problems with violence at games, maybe this tragic event will change things, although I'm not so sure, they don't seem to have done much to combat the problem.

A dad of 4 apparently who was just a scarfer.

What's Josef Martinez like Prussian?

Just watched a video of his goals and he looks decent, potential signing for us?

From what I've read so far, he's had a tough time adapting to the new surroundings (coming from Venezuela to Europe can be quite a culture shock).

He didn't really feature for the Young Boys first team a lot in his first season, although he did score a couple of goals for the U21 squad.

This season, he was loaned to FC Thun at the start and finally picked up scoring on the highest Swiss football level - even leading to a Venezuelan TV crew visiting him recently.

After scoring six goals in the first few months, YB recalled him last December.

He's said to be pacey and he led the scoring department in the entire Axpo Super League up until last September (finishing with eight goals three assists at the end of December).

Edited by MC Prussian

From what I've read so far, he's had a tough time adapting to the new surroundings (coming from Venezuela to Europe can be quite a culture shock).

He didn't really feature for the Young Boys first team a lot in his first season, although he did score a couple of goals for the U21 squad.

This season, he was been loaned to FC Thun and picked up scoring on the highest Swiss football level - even leading to a Venezuelan TV crew visiting him recently.

After scoring six goals in the first few months, YB recalled him last December.

He's said to be pacey and he led the scoring department in the entire Axpo Super League up until last September (finishing with eight goals three assists at the end of December).

Sounds decent,

he looks quick, can finish with both feet, score from distance and free kicks.

Barcelona given transfer ban by Fifa

Spanish champions Barcelona have been given a 14-month transfer ban by Fifa for breaking rules on signing international players under 18.

The Catalan club cannot buy or sell players until the summer of 2015 after the world governing body imposed a transfer ban for the next two windows.

They have also been fined 450,000 Swiss Francs (£305,000).

Fifa has also sanctioned the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) for the same breaches.

The RFEF has been given a fine of 500,000 Swiss Francs and told to "regularise [its] regulatory framework and existing system concerning the international transfer of minors in football" within a year.

Massive domino effect from this, across Europe. 

Wonder if they will now beg Valdes to stay..

I think the deal for Marc Ander Ter Stegen is already done so should already have gone through? 

I think the deal for Marc Ander Ter Stegen is already done so should already have gone through? 

Just been listening to Guillem, he seems to think it is still up in the air whether that deal will go through now. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On a sidenote, Dortmund beat Bayern 3-0 away today to close the margin between first and second spot to a meagre 17 points.

Not that it matters anymore, though. lol

Pretty.important for Der BVB though as the champs league places are really tight.

Plus there's still a lot of pride in the fixture.