Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

Thought Roma played some brilliant passing football tonight. 

If Juve can drop a few points, based on how they've performed lately it isn't unlikely, in the next few then the game between them & Roma in the penultimate game becomes very interesting.

Thought Roma played some brilliant passing football tonight. 

If Juve can drop a few points, based on how they've performed lately it isn't unlikely, in the next few then the game between them & Roma in the penultimate game becomes very interesting.

Gervinho was a very good signing

hahahahahaha barcelona

Yes, the glorious years are behind them - with time, more and more teams have analyzed their style of play and have been able to counter the possession and the passing with fast forward-play.

I think it's all down to cycles - you can't sustain the same success for too long, anyway. Other teams catch up as the years go by and I'm glad one of the Madrid teams (Atlético, preferably) is going to break Barça dominance.

Guest Col city fan

Yes, the glorious years are behind them - with time, more and more teams have analyzed their style of play and have been able to counter the possession and the passing with fast forward-play.

I think it's all down to cycles - you can't sustain the same success for too long, anyway. Other teams catch up as the years go by and I'm glad one of the Madrid teams (Atlético, preferably) is going to break Barça dominance.

Spot on.. it IS all down to cycles.

Here's food for thought.. are the cycles really based on changing styles of play (eg. Spanish kids learning to play a passing game, or Germany building a passing-with-direct game)?

Or is it actually just down to cycles of 'good players.. as in GREAT players)?

Take Barcelona as an example. Is it any conincidence that they are now starting to deteriorate now that Iniesta and Xavi are getting on a bit?

Or Bayern... is it down to Guardiola or just to the fact that they have some tremendous players?

I think its a combination of both personally. Tactical play and good managememt are massively important, but maybe moreso are the great players.

Arsenal have done fook all since Viera, Petit, Henry have moved on.

Just a thought.

Atletico now favourites to win la liga. christ

And that even with their best goalscorer out injured - which speaks even more for the terrific team they have. Great for the league, would love them to win the title.

Oh: That collision looked somewhat comic at first, but that open wound afterwards... Oh, my. What a gash. Terrible. Hope Diego Costa gets well soon again.

I suppose they'll have to rely on that no mark Villa

Many people have touted him to be on the decline, but what a revelation he's been so far.

Serves them right at Barça to kick him out, deeming him surplus to requirements. Villa just strikes back... with a vengeance. :D

Many people have touted him to be on the decline, but what a revelation he's been so far.

Serves them right at Barça to kick him out, deeming him surplus to requirements. Villa just strikes back... with a vengeance. :D

Similar to what Milan did to Pirlo

A lot of European outlets reporting Jackson Martinez & Roma have come to an agreement, Porto want to wait until after the World Cup to agree a fee to maximise how much they can get.

Please be true

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/andrea-pirlo-talks-candidly-about-his-career-on-that-panenka-penalty-on-roy-hodgson-on-zlatan-ibrahimovic-on-mario-balotelli-on-winning-the-world-cup-and-on-his-playstation-obsession-9259845.html

This looks like it's going to be a cracking read from the snippets that have been pulled out from one of the greatest midfielders of this generation, and possibly the coolest guy ever!

"A fleeting shabbiness came over the legend that night. On one of the many occasions when our paths crossed during my time at Milan, he unleashed Park Ji Sung to shadow me. The midfielder must have been the first nuclear powered South Korean in history, in the sense that he rushed about the pitch at the speed of an electron."

Certainly a purist lol