Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

Guest Col city fan

Eh, they've been here before when Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Saviola et all had to be cleared out and a new generation brought in under Pep.

They've got the best academy on the planet, the best player on the planet (I accept Ronaldo is in better form this year) and his potential heir in Neymar.

They'll be fine, they just need to go through transition, it happens to all clubs.

I'm not convinced by the gaffer, mind. It'll be a big summer for him, especially if the embargo stands.

Personally, I'd love to see them bring in a manager with a fractionally more expensive outlook. Someone like a Jurgen Klopp, who appreciates good attacking football but isn't neurotically obsessed with tiki taka.

Barca can claim it's always been the club's culture, their way or playing, but they're kidding themselves if they think it hasn't been something largely ramped up by Pep and his success. When they had Henry and Eto'o and Co breaking at speed they were more than happy to play longer through balls.

:thumbup:

Guest MattP

Given they appear to have spent 100 million on Neymar and purchased Alex Song and Fabegas that forced Thiago out, I don't think the transfer embargo is the worst thing that could happen to them.

For the first time last night I looked at Messi and could see him in a different shirt.

Can you even begin to imagine the transfer scramble if he did say in a year or so he wanted a new challenge? Sky Sports would need a spin off news channel.

When they had Henry and Eto'o and Co breaking at speed they were more than happy to play longer through balls.

And were a million times more enjoyable to watch. Hopefully they go back to that and everyone can start liking barcelona again

And were a million times more enjoyable to watch. Hopefully they go back to that and everyone can start liking barcelona again

Agreed. That era of Barcelona and the current Dortmund side probably my favourite to watch of my lifetime.

Along with the Arsenal invincibles, perhaps.

I want Klopp over here, not Spain. He'd be a great fit for Arsenal and he'd turn them into genuine contenders again.

My problem with this is that I don't like any of England's top clubs, really.

I'd love the likes of Klopp and Reus here (at Leicester, I mean - of course I know that won't ever happen) but I'd be loathed to see them go to United or Chelsea.

It's awkward because on the one hand you want to have them here to watch regularly but on the other I was gutted when Shinji went United, Silva went City or Torres went Chelsea as I hate the clubs but love the players.

Same to a lesser extent with Bale and Real, though Madrid are growing on me.

My problem with this is that I don't like any of England's top clubs, really.

I'd love the likes of Klopp and Reus here (at Leicester, I mean - of course I know that won't ever happen) but I'd be loathed to see them go to United or Chelsea.

It's awkward because on the one hand you want to have them here to watch regularly but on the other I was gutted when Shinji went United, Silva went City or Torres went Chelsea as I hate the clubs but love the players.

Same to a lesser extent with Bale and Real, though Madrid are growing on me.

I know exactly what you mean, English clubs don't deserve Klopp, the only clubs I could tolerate him at aren't good enough for him, I don't hate Everton or Southampton but he's just too good for those. Him being at Arsenal would be more bearable than City, Chelsea or Man U.

Eh, they've been here before when Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Saviola et all had to be cleared out and a new generation brought in under Pep.

They've got the best academy on the planet, the best player on the planet (I accept Ronaldo is in better form this year) and his potential heir in Neymar.

They'll be fine, they just need to go through transition, it happens to all clubs.

I'm not convinced by the gaffer, mind. It'll be a big summer for him, especially if the embargo stands.

Personally, I'd love to see them bring in a manager with a fractionally more expensive outlook. Someone like a Jurgen Klopp, who appreciates good attacking football but isn't neurotically obsessed with tiki taka.

Barca can claim it's always been the club's culture, their way or playing, but they're kidding themselves if they think it hasn't been something largely ramped up by Pep and his success. When they had Henry and Eto'o and Co breaking at speed they were more than happy to play longer through balls.

I do agree but I'm not using it as a beating stick. In one week they've been knocked out of two competitions and have fell further behind in the title race.

Agree that tiki taka is losing its effciency. I've got a feeling Bayern are going to blow the Champions League. I think they aren't as strong as a year ago.

I know exactly what you mean, English clubs don't deserve Klopp, the only clubs I could tolerate him at aren't good enough for him, I don't hate Everton or Southampton but he's just too good for those. Him being at Arsenal would be more bearable than City, Chelsea or Man U.

I'm the same as well.

Wtf lol

Yes really!  lol

Zwolle 5-1 Ajax: Fireworks at Feijenoord as underdogs stun Dutch champions to claim KNVB Beker The game in Rotterdam had to be temporarily halted because the Amsterdam club's fans threw flares onto the pitch after their side opened the scoring through Ricardo van Rhijn

email_icon_02.gif print_icon_02.gif

MORE ON :  AjaxFC ZwolleFC Zwolle vs Ajax

awesome_up.png
Awesome

dislike_up.png
Dislike

393391hp2.jpg
PROSHOTS
Zwolle claimed the KNVB Beker with a 5-1 victory over Ajax in a game that was suspended because of crowd trouble.

The game was halted shortly after kick-off as the field was engulfed by flares and when proceedings did resume it was Ajax who took the lead in spectacular fashion through Ricardo van Rhijn's 30-yard drive.

However, the match was soon stopped for a second time due to objects being hurled onto pitch, leading the players to return to the changing rooms and Ajax director Edwin van der Sar to plead with the club's fans for calm.

It was Zwolle who took control of the contest when order was restored, Ryan Thomas levelling matters in the eighth minute before scoring his second to put Zwolle ahead.

And at the home of Ajax's great rivals Feyenoord it was a loanee from the Rotterdam club that put the game beyond all doubt, attacker Guyon Fernandez netting a brace to take his tally for the season to 12 in all competitions.

Ajax's humiliation was then completed in the 50th minute as Bram van Polen scored Zwolle's fifth from close range, putting further gloss on a display that will be forever etched in the club's history.

Victory also marked Zwolle's first success over Ajax since 1988.

I'm sure there were actually 57000.

Not according to the Guardian. And 57,000 is still very poor - Manchester United have been out of the title race for months and they got 75,000 against Villa the other week.

Embarrassing. If there's one way of not keeping clubs under any form of control then it's actually back-tracking on your punishments.

The football world is going to look even worse when PSG and Man City are only fined £50,000 each for breaking the FFP rules.