Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

Guest MattP

Deserved.

Really? Life?

We let murderers out of prison after 7-8 years sometimes because we believe they have learned their lesson, are we that closed minded now we don't believe someone can renounce racism over a whole lifetime?

He should face a lenghty ban of course, but banning someone for life for lobbing on the pitch defies belief imo.

Really? Life?

We let murderers out of prison after 7-8 years sometimes because we believe they have learned their lesson, are we that closed minded now we don't believe someone can renounce racism over a whole lifetime?

He should face a lenghty ban of course, but banning someone for life for lobbing on the pitch defies belief imo.

It's not life in jail, he can't go to a Villarreal game ever again, boohoo. It's hardly the worst punishment in the world, and hopefully it'll discourage other football fans from doing the same thing.

He's not exactly going to learn if they give him a three game ban and a slap on the wrist is he? Nor if it's a season or two.

Edited by Mark_w

Dani Alves, take a bow.

its about time someone said something sensible after this happening, ignoring it is the way forward, not banging on about it

int_140427_ESPN_FC_No_room_for_racism_zp

Edited by Beliall
  • Like 2

It's not life in jail, he can't go to a Villarreal game ever again, boohoo. It's hardly the worst punishment in the world, and hopefully it'll discourage other football fans from doing the same thing.

He's not exactly going to learn if they give him a three game ban and a slap on the wrist is he? Nor if it's a season or two.

Do you know these things?

I'd be distraught if I lost my football team permanently. 3-5 seasons away (the length of punishment I'd select) would be pretty unpleasant too. I don't know how he'd feel about it but from my own experience I think you're incorrect on both points.

Guest MattP

I was referring to the fact people can change over time.

Despite what you think I actually do believe people can change and if they do deserve a second chance.

Do you know these things?

I'd be distraught if I lost my football team permanently. 3-5 seasons away (the length of punishment I'd select) would be pretty unpleasant too. I don't know how he'd feel about it but from my own experience I think you're incorrect on both points.

I too would be distraught.

But I know for a fact that it's not the worst punishment in the world and I'm sure you do to. A quick glance at any newspaper or a look at the laws regarding punishment in a number of countries will tell you that. He's not being subjected to any physical punishment, he's losing the right to a section of culture that I'm sure he loves very much. It's not a matter of life and death, it's not more important than that. It's the right to go to an individual teams football matches. Yes it's a punishment that will hurt him, but I'd hazard a guess that it'll hurt no more than having someone throw a banana at you because of the colour of your skin does. I don't know that in the case of Dani Alves and this fan, but that's what I'm guessing.

As for a season or two punishment, do you really think that's going to make someone think twice about their racist views?

I too would be distraught.

But I know for a fact that it's not the worst punishment in the world and I'm sure you do to. A quick glance at any newspaper or a look at the laws regarding punishment in a number of countries will tell you that. He's not being subjected to any physical punishment, he's losing the right to a section of culture that I'm sure he loves very much. It's not a matter of life and death, it's not more important than that. It's the right to go to an individual teams football matches. Yes it's a punishment that will hurt him, but I'd hazard a guess that it'll hurt no more than having someone throw a banana at you because of the colour of your skin does. I don't know that in the case of Dani Alves and this fan, but that's what I'm guessing.

As for a season or two punishment, do you really think that's going to make someone think twice about their racist views?

I know what racist abuse and 3-5 seasons with Leicester are like and it's easy for me to decide which (or the lack of which) is more important to me.

I can only speak for myself but I trust my own experiences when making my conclusions.

Guest Col city fan

I was referring to the fact people can change over time.

Despite what you think I actually do believe people can change and if they do deserve a second chance.

I dont believe Mark w thinks like that. He'd be the first in line in a stoning if anybody shouted 'Jehovah'. lol

And I still believe Troy Deeney would be a good signing.

I agree with you MattP.

Javier Zanetti is set to retire at the end of this season. :(

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2045519-javier-zanetti-will-retire-to-inter-milan-front-office-at-seasons-end

Legend. To play competitive football at such a high level until the age of 40 is admirable (850+ games for Inter! Played never less than 30 games a season!).

He reminds me of a Duracell bunny.

Thinking of it, he actually got better with age.

• Like 1

Mental scenes at the Italian Cup Final.

6 people injured, one shot in the chest and is critical.

FIrecrackers and fireworks being thrown by supporters to the police and rival fans.

Kids crying in the pictures i've seen, not what you want at all.

Edited by Andy Kings Crown Jewels

Hamburger SV on the verge of being relegated from the Bundesliga for the very first time in its 51-year existence.

They have to win their last remaining game and hope that both Nürnberg and Braunschweig don't win theirs (at Schalke and Hoffenheim, respectively).

In any case, the best scenario for the HSV - should they manage to remain in 16th spot - is a relegation-deciding game against the 3rd-placed team in the 2. Bundesliga.

The contenders for that spot are Paderborn (!), Fürth, Kaiserslautern and Karlsruhe.

And on a sidenote, RB Leipzig, a club sponsored and pushed by Red Bull, have finally reached the 2. Bundesliga.

They have invested about 100 million Euro so far in infrastructure and with coach Ralf Rangnick a manager who knows the trade.

They attract an average of 15'000 fans, and were able to welcome about 40'000 for the last two home games each.

And on a sidenote, RB Leipzig, a club sponsored and pushed by Red Bull, have finally reached the 2. Bundesliga.

They have invested about 100 million Euro so far in infrastructure and with coach Ralf Rangnick a manager who knows the trade.

They attract an average of 15'000 fans, and were able to welcome about 40'000 for the last two home games each.

Red Bull need to die

After reading what Prussian has just posted, I don't know why you think "Red Bull need to die", surely what they have done RB Leipzig is a good thing?

After reading what Prussian has just posted, I don't know why you think "Red Bull need to die", surely what they have done RB Leipzig is a good thing?

What they've for Leipzig is good but surely they're going to go down the same route as Salzburg and NY.

What they've for Leipzig is good but surely they're going to go down the same route as Salzburg and NY.

Salzburg are the Austrian Champions aren't they? And I would hardly say New York Red Bulls have gone in a bad direction with Henry on their books.