Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

Should be a decent atmosphere so might give it a watch. Imagine VDV in the Bundesliga II?

Hope they stay up, not into this whole relegation play-off idea.

It'll be tough for Furth even with the 0-0 from the first leg. I'll say 2-1 Hamburg.

Quick summary of todays events at Barcelona (quite a bit gone on!)

- Jose Pinto has left, Mark Andre Ter Stegen has arrived (B team goalkeeper Jordi Masip expected to fill pinto's role as back up)

- Zubizarreta (DOF) asked board to approve appointment of Luis Enrique as new manager, he will be presented to press tomorrow. (2 year deal)

- Leo Messi has officially signed his 20 million a year contract!

- Luis Enrique expected to recall Rafinha from the club he has just left (Celta) and get him straight into his squad for next season with the same also expected of Deulofeu.

- Jordi Roura who was expected to replace Tito when he first went on leave has become youth director and will work closely with Luis Enrique who is expected to go back to Barcelona's favoured system of giving youth a chance due to his past links with the B team.

All change and all hoping for a better campaign next time round at Barcelona.

SV Darmstadt (the city name's literal translation would be "bowel town") beat Arminia Bielefeld 4-2 after extra time in the second round relegation game at Bielefeld and thus secure promotion to the 2. Bundesliga.

SV Darmstadt (the city name's literal translation would be "bowel town") beat Arminia Bielefeld 4-2 after extra time in the second round relegation game at Bielefeld and thus secure promotion to the 2. Bundesliga.

Bit more dramatic than that! Darmstadt scored a fourth away goal in the 122nd minute and even found time to let Bielefeld hit the post after before getting promoted on away goals! lol

I love the relegation play offs but they wouldn't work over here - the beauty of our play-off system is the having four teams involved means the vast majority of games are competitive, even in a 24 team league. Reducing the play-offs to the team that finishes 3rd only would kill the league.

Chelsea and PSG have come to an agreement with regards to the David Luiz transfer.

£40m. :o

Staggering.

When's the last time that much money was paid for a defender? Never.

Thiago Silva cost £4m less.

£48 million? That is ridiculous, get rid of David Luiz who Mourinho clearly hasn't fancied at centre half, bring in Diego Costa (it seems) and still have made £16 million out of it. Chelsea must be rubbing their horrible hands together. PSG have basically stuck a middle finger up at FFP as well. 

Another thing if David Luiz is valued at £48 million then Jon Flanagan must be worth £20 million. 

Spanish minnows SD Eibar have achieved back-to-back promotions from the Segunda Division B to the Liga BBVA, a feat achieved by only six other teams in the past, but the Basque club may be demoted straight back because of lack of capital.

Due to a ruling in the Spanish football league, a club must have a capital equal to 25% of the average expenses of all teams in the Seguna Divison (except for the two clubs with the biggest and the two clubs with the smallest outgoings).

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/109917/sos-sd-eibar/

Football fans around the world can spend money and thus increase Eibar's capital here:

www.defiendealeibar.com

He had a tough time here, that's all. Doesn't mean he's a bad manager and I've not seen anything of his stats since he left Leicester. Hope he does well, I like Paulo. 

He had a tough time here, that's all. Doesn't mean he's a bad manager and I've not seen anything of his stats since he left Leicester. Hope he does well, I like Paulo. 

He had a "tough time" because his training methods didn't promote nearly enough fitness, he signed Michael Lamey and he upset the changing room. I couldn't believe how unfit the side looked at the start of 10/11 after they were machine like as a collective engine the season prior.

I was sold by the smart suits and silver hair but then quickly realised a petri dish filled with my spooze would do a better job than that joker.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Like 2