Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

Time will tell whether he's actually a decent manager.

He did well at footballing powerhouses like Videoton and Maccabi Tel Aviv and then failed at Leicester (which wasn't just his fault, really).

Maybe, just maybe if a club like Basel manages to give him enough time to build something longer-lasting, then we could all be witnesses to something splendid.

Until then, I reserve judgement and observe from afar how he's getting on at the smaller FCB.

Oh, and it's Sousa.

Edited by MC Prussian

He had a "tough time" because his training methods didn't promote nearly enough fitness, he signed Michael Lamey and he upset the changing room. I couldn't believe how unfit the side looked at the start of 10/11 after they were machine like as a collective engine the season prior.

Oh yeah I do agree. Let's not forget the season before we made the play offs as well. His game wasn't suited for some of our players. He signed some poor players, Lamey and Merano in particular. We were unlucky in some games, Palace away I recall us hitting the woodwork a number of times before they scored but very poor in others such as Portsmouth and Burnley.

Would have been beautiful if Nige never left because the lost period of Sousa and Sven was horrible.

Ciro Immobile to Dortmund is pretty much a done deal. As a replacement, Torino are rumoured to be interested in BSC Young Boys' Josef Martinez.

Both good moves there.

So Parma are thrown out of Europe whilst PSG splash £40mil on David Luiz despite these FFP claims.

I'm either missing something in the rules but it sounds like their usual spineless inconsistency - clubs like PSG run UEFA.

So Parma are thrown out of Europe whilst PSG splash £40mil on David Luiz despite these FFP claims.

I'm either missing something in the rules but it sounds like their usual spineless inconsistency - clubs like PSG run UEFA.

FFP was always going to be a mess. I think Parma were barred from entering by the FIGC aka Italian FA though, UEFA granted Parma a license but FIGC said no.

Harsh on Seedorf, it was his first ever managerial job and he'd won 7 out of the last 9 games. Think AC's aspirations are too high at the minute, their squad has been really poor since they sold Thiago Silva and Ibrahimovic. 

Will be interesting to see how Inzhagi does though, another AC Milan legend appointed. 

Very harsh on Seedorf. He inherited a side that was awful and turned them into a half decent squad. The thing is, he often said he doesn't want most of the players there and Silvio is looking to tighten the purse strings not splash the cash.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk