Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

Guest MattP

Balotelli is available for £14 million?

What better way to replace a nutter in Suarez than with Balotelli.. Make it happen Brendan.

Yep I'd go for that.

I'm amazed at Liverpool so far, CL footy to offer, a shit load of cash to spend and everyone from Kroos to Vidal to Mandzukic seems to be available.

Rodgers should be flying around like Jimmy Savile in Barnados.

Yep I'd go for that.

I'm amazed at Liverpool so far, CL footy to offer, a shit load of cash to spend and everyone from Kroos to Vidal to Mandzukic seems to be available.

Rodgers should be flying around like Jimmy Savile in Barnados.

They've sold their best asset, brought in a bunch of mid-ranking British 'maybes' and been passed off by Alexis Sanchez, publicly.

Getting back in to the Champions League for the first time in years doesn't make you an instant prospect. They need a signing, a statement, someone needs to be the first world class player to take the leap or others won't follow. People forget it took Man City a few years to really start bringing in the best of the best, regardless of the money, because people needed to buy in to the project.

Liverpool may have been the biggest club in this country once, and they may be again some day, but you don't switch that on overnight.

They've sold their best asset, brought in a bunch of mid-ranking British 'maybes' and been passed off by Alexis Sanchez, publicly.

Getting back in to the Champions League for the first time in years doesn't make you an instant prospect. They need a signing, a statement, someone needs to be the first world class player to take the leap or others won't follow. People forget it took Man City a few years to really start bringing in the best of the best, regardless of the money, because people needed to buy in to the project.

Liverpool may have been the biggest club in this country once, and they may be again some day, but you don't switch that on overnight.

Wouldn't go that far.

We have brought in one British 'maybe', the other knows he is a back up player at best, he came to Liverpool to fulfill a boyhood dream, Liverpool supporters aren't expecting a 20 goal a season man out of Lambert.

I agree with the Champions League part, fortunately I still think we have enough to make top four next season without Luis Suarez, a signing like Balotelli would help us massively secure that.

Guest MattP

I agree and understand that.

But with a bit of patience I'm sure they could have ended up with a bit more than Lambert, Lallana and Lajovic.

Juan Iturbe to Roma has re-emerged, circa £24million.

ex-Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri meeting with Juventus chiefs tomorrow, expected to take over. Pirlo & Allegri could be interesting given their past.

Has signed. FCB confirmed it.

Ginter to Dortmund for €10m also done. Love that move - finally some depth in their central defence, particularly with Subotic training again.

According to AS, Real are getting Rodriguez as well as Kroos, and Keylor Navas, the 'keeper.

Their team is going to be frightening going forward if it clicks.

Going to need to be isn't it. Given their main title rivals are going to be going at teams with Messi Suarez and Neymar.

Going to need to be isn't it. Given their main title rivals are going to be going at teams with Messi Suarez and Neymar.

To be fair they coped last season when Sanchez was there, who is hardly bobbins himself. Obviously Suarez has better form but I fancy Real to cruise along this year at this rate.

Kroos is a brilliant signing for Real Madrid. 

Makes the money being spent in the Premier League this summer, every transfer window for that matter, look even more ridiculous. 

Here's just a few over the years that have cost more than Kroos, and players who I would say are not at the level that Kroos is at. 

Carroll £35 million 

Lallana £25 million

Mata £37 million

Robinho £32 million

Milner £26 million

Berbatov £30 million

Willian £31 million

Crazy. Not one of them should be transferring for more money than Toni Kroos, ever should.

Hasn't Kroos forced Bayerns hand though? I agree that those players are over priced but it's Kroos' contract situation that has made this represent such great value.

(Unless I've dreamt all that, which could be the case)

He was in the last year of his deal yes.

As it's in the Express, no. 'Turned down Manchester United' lol Come off it - like Dortmund would have let him go.

Their thoughts on the Reus situation, and I agree, is that the miniscule chance of him leaving this season was completely eliminated by his injury which will keep him out past August. He then supposedly has a release clause that is activated only from 2015 (his contract runs out in 2017). It is said to be around 35m Euros.

I could see him going next season - although Dortmund have proved with Lewa that they are happy to run down contracts rather than get fees - but I think he's more likely to sign a new deal to get rid of the release clause.

If the play-offs go Dortmund's way (i.e. Porto and Arsenal both lose), they could sneak into Pot 1 this season. Once they get themselves set in there I think they will start throwing a bit more money around to keep players on.