Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

so the first clasico is the 25/6th of october, isn't suarez banned until the last week of october? how convenient... 

You just know that SKY will move it to make it his first game.

Guest MattP

Not sure, why what's the going rate?

Like €200? More? lol

About £500 odd for the game towards the end of last year.

Jesus. I think I might just go to a normal league game. Definitely want to see Madrid this year.

I went to Barca last seaosn on Groupon. Amazing seats, good Hotel etc. Think it was no more than £200 p/p for three nights so means you get to see a good chunk of the area too.

They do both Real and Barca, usually around October time they sell the deal then games are from then until March.

Barca > Real every time.

In what way? Likeability or fans? Cos I'd argue against both.

I went to the Champions League semi in Madrid with Dortmund two years back and it was the most hostile atmosphere I can ever remember. We were giving it everything in the top corner and couldn't hear ourselves think at times.

When Ultras Sul are allowed in they can get the crowd going.

I went to the Champions League semi in Madrid with Dortmund two years back and it was the most hostile atmosphere I can ever remember. We were giving it everything in the top corner and couldn't hear ourselves think at times.

Just prefer Barcelona as a club. One of them things. Never been overly keen on Real Madrid and the way they operate although Barcelona have gone largely down that route recently.

Never had Real Madrid down as being overly intimidating as a fanbase, or Barcelona for that matter, though I think anywhere can sound good on a Champions League Semi final.

Edited by Dan LCFC

Ultras Sur couldn't be more fascist if they tried!

**** Real!

No surprise though, the best players want to play for the biggest clubs in the World.

La Liga must actually have 8/9 out of the top 10 there now.

Eh? La Liga has 8/9 of the biggest teams in the world? Who are they then?  Ignoring fanbase and history I think the best way of deducing that is to look at Forbes most valuable club list, as it stands:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes'_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs

England has 6 in the top 20 (5 in the top 10).

Italy has 5 in the top 20 (2 in the top 10).

Germany has 4 in the top 20 (1 in the top 10).

Spain has 3 in the top 20 (2 in the top 10).

I've always personally thought that players often chose La Liga due to language/cultural/tax reasons.  Though they may have changed the tax laws i'm not sure.

think he meant top players not top teams. ronaldo, messi, suarez, bale etc etc 

Gotcha, my bad.

Only just found out that Serie A is now ranked below Portugal's Premeira Liga in the UEFA rankings.  Tough times considering where they were in the 90's  :o

Edited by BlueSi13