Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

Juventus have signed Udinese's Argentine midfielder/forward Roberto Pereyra on a season-long loan for 1.5m Euro, with the option of signing him on a permanent basis at the end of next season.

Asking price? At least 14 million Euro.

Gotcha, my bad.

Only just found out that Serie A is now ranked below Portugal's Premeira Liga in the UEFA rankings.  Tough times considering where they were in the 90's  :o

Is it?! That's criminal really. I've got a lot of time for both Porto and Benfica but I've never had it down as a remotely strong league.

Alright, so much for my "realistic" proposition in the LCFC transfer thread:

French winger Antoine Griezmann joins Atlético Madrid for approximately €30m.

:ph34r:

You thought we were going to sign the next big thing in French football?

Is it?! That's criminal really. I've got a lot of time for both Porto and Benfica but I've never had it down as a remotely strong league.

All down to ceofficients, isn't it?

Portuguese sides always tend to be ever-present in the latter stages of the Europa League and have probably done just as well as Serie A sides in the Champions League since Inter won the thing under Mourinho.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

What's Valbuena doing moving to Moscow!

Getting a huge pay cheque?

Well, it's not even official yet and he's denied any involvement with Dynamo Moscow, anyway (not that that means a lot these days).

QPR and West Ham are still after him, mind.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/29/west-ham-qpr-mathieu-valbuena

The absence of Rangers and any real competition has probably sent Celtic backwards, hasn't it?

I dunno, it's certainly not helping them having no Rangers in there, certainly not helping the Scottish UEFA ranking as well. 

Having said that I think they were the victim of some rather unfotunate luck/circumstances last night, and they do still have a chance to rescue this.

Can't believe they only took 160 there last night. I know it's fairly dangerous and proved to be for those that travelled but St. Patricks took more FFS.

10501910_689364931143145_222363500537740

Is it true that 4 Celtic idiots ended up at Walsall - City last night expecting to see Legia? Surely no-one is that dense?

So apparently Viva Ronaldo signed up with Lil Wayne's (:huh:) new sports company.

And they did this video. But I have no idea what LW is saying and Ronaldo couldn't look more awkward and out of place if he tried lol:S

So apparently Viva Ronaldo signed up with Lil Wayne's (:huh:) new sports company.

And they did this video. But I have no idea what LW is saying and Ronaldo couldn't look more awkward and out of place if he tried lol:S

lol

From what I've read it's just an attempt to raise his profile in the States. It'll all be forgotten within a week or 2.

lol

From what I've read it's just an attempt to raise his profile in the States. It'll all be forgotten within a week or 2.

Amazing what some absurdly rich people will put themselves through just for a bit more fame and money.

cringe.

I just went to see Ajax beat Vitesse 4-1. No wonder the Dutch lasted so long in the World Cup, they closed the roof on the Amsterdam ArenA and it was like a ****ing greenhouse in there!

Also going to European games really makes you appreciate the away support we have in the UK, I'm pretty sure we took more to Yeovil when we were in League 1 than Vitesse had today.

Brilliant stadium but weird atmosphere, I was expecting a bit more from F-side.