Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

I just went to see Ajax beat Vitesse 4-1. No wonder the Dutch lasted so long in the World Cup, they closed the roof on the Amsterdam ArenA and it was like a ****ing greenhouse in there!

Also going to European games really makes you appreciate the away support we have in the UK, I'm pretty sure we took more to Yeovil when we were in League 1 than Vitesse had today.

Brilliant stadium but weird atmosphere, I was expecting a bit more from F-side.

Restrictions on away fans in Holland is ridiculous.

I swear I read that you have to pick up your tickets from a service station before the game (like millwall have to at Leeds) and if you fail a breathalyser you don't get them!

Bayern close to signing Pepe Reina.

I get the impression Guardiola, in terms of player types and backups, is working on building a team similar to the one he left at Barcelona.

Didn't he say something along the lines of not wanting to turn them into Barcelona as well?

Hilarious.

I can see them meeting the same fate this season in the Champions League. They're undoubtedly a top side but they'll be undone by a ruthless counter attacking team - dare I say it, even domestically.

Didn't he say something along the lines of not wanting to turn them into Barcelona as well?

Hilarious.

I can see them meeting the same fate this season in the Champions League. They're undoubtedly a top side but they'll be undone by a ruthless counter attacking team - dare I say it, even domestically.

I think they'll win everything again this season. Lewandowski will take them to the next level.

European Super Cup between Real Madrid and Sevilla tonight. Teams:

Real Madrid: Casillas, Carvajal, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Fabio Coentrao, Kroos, Rodriguez, Modric, Bale, Benzema, Ronaldo. Subs: Navas, Varane, Marcelo, Arbeloa, Di Maria, Isco, Illarramendi.

Sevilla: Beto, Coke, Pareja, Fazio, Fernando Navarro, Alex Vidal, Krychowiak, Carrico, Vitolo, Suarez, Bacca. Subs: Barbosa, Diogo Figueiras, Reyes, Jairo, Iborra, Aspas, Luismi.

Referee: Mark Clattenburg (England)

Will be interesting to see how a front six of Modric, Kroos, Rodriguez, Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema look on the pitch together because on paper it looks f**king ridiculous.

What about... Barcelona?

Genuinely think Barcelona have done the better business. I'd go as far as saying Suarez is behind Messi/Ronaldo. He is sensational.

Ancelotti pisses all over Enrique

What about... Barcelona?

Genuinely think Barcelona have done the better business. I'd go as far as saying Suarez is behind Messi/Ronaldo. He is sensational.

Sorry but no. Suarez is one individual with a lengthy ban. Behind him is an ageing Barcelona side that needs to go through transition who have just bafflingly sold off Xavi's heir.

You just know Suarez will get his ban reduced now he's at Barcelona. They are the football official's lovechild. The length of Suarez's ban will play a key role in the matter you'd have to think. Cannot see past Real though. Providing the big players stay fit, I don't think it will ever be a worry that their back line isn't the greatest.

Really? Nowhere near as much in it as you're making out.

I don't know mate.

Barca have signed Suarez, Rakitic, Vermaelen, Ter Stegen, Mattheiu and Bravo for a total of €152m while letting go Alexis, Valdes and Fabregas (amongst others)

Real have signed Rodriguez, Kroos and Navas for €115m while letting go Morata (amongst others).

Real have definitely signed the better players for better money and kept hold of their better players.

Real have added depth, to be fair. Still not convinced they needed Rodriguez and even more less convinced they'd have signed him if it wasn't for his World Cup (which was SIX GAMES). Kroos... I don't know. I'm not sure he's as good as he's made out to be. Don't forget that they're probably letting Khedira go too.

Suarez is a bigger upgrade on Alexis than any Madrid signing is on anyone they've let go, for me.

I'm not discounting it because it was a mare on my own behalf but I wouldn't rule out Suarez having his ban cut yet.

Edited by Dan LCFC

Barcelona's defence is pretty poor tbf. Real's is much stronger. Add that to the fact real have a better set of forwards, better midfield, better strength in depth and a better manager I'd say it's theirs to lose.