Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

Love Palermo as a city. Dodgy frittola aside.

Did you get down to Ballaro'? Quite a 'gritty' area, birthplace of Ballotelli. I lived next to a barbers run by his 'uncle' that then turned into a restaurant and then a shoe shop and then a barbers again in the space of 2 weeks.

Did you get down to Ballaro'? Quite a 'gritty' area, birthplace of Ballotelli. I lived next to a barbers run by his 'uncle' that then turned into a restaurant and then a shoe shop and then a barbers again in the space of 2 weeks.

Yea, that bloody great rambling market they have there. Great place, the Mrs went to buy some cherries, got royally ripped off and left with all manner of shit she didn't want, but was quite pleased with the whole interaction.

The barbers/restaurant/shoe shop/barbers thing does sound exactly the mental impression of Palermo we left with. Never got used to stepping into on rushing traffic, which seemed to be the custom.

Yea, that bloody great rambling market they have there. Great place, the Mrs went to buy some cherries, got royally ripped off and left with all manner of shit she didn't want, but was quite pleased with the whole interaction.

The barbers/restaurant/shoe shop/barbers thing does sound exactly the mental impression of Palermo we left with. Never got used to stepping into on rushing traffic, which seemed to be the custom.

Very Open All Hours esque.

Was a bit like that, but in two distinct and very separate languages. She speaks no Italian and the bloke had sod all English. I speak a little of both but had ****ed off to look at artichokes or something.

The guys on Ballaro' don't speak Italian either!

Edited by bovril
  • Like 1

Just noticed Anderlecht are in the Champions league - I saw them away at Lierse on Saturday.

They battered them but conceded a late equaliser. Apart from Defour they didn't have much about them.

How is Steven Defour still only 26?

Also, isn't him going to Anderlecht like Gerrard going to United?

If Gerrard had been to Porto first!

He was alright. The Anderlecht subs were good - no idea or they were saving them for tonight.

Aware he didn't to straight from Standard but wasn't he club captain and a big hero there?

Fvcked if I know!

#hipster

#2sides

Edited by ttfn

Two great goals from the Bundesliga this weekend:

Moritz Stoppelkamp's record-breaking long shot for newly-promoted SC Paderborn from 83 metres (270 ft) out.

And Hertha BSC's Ronny with a stunner of a free-kick:

http://www.footballtube.com/videos/goal-by-ronny-for-hertha-vs-freiburg

What record did it break? Because I don't think it's further than Asmir Begovic's goal, which holds the record for the longest goal. Edited by Facecloth

Researching for answers for potential trivia questions I see! lol

lol The Begovic goal was officially announced as a world record the other day, so I just knew already! :P

True that. I meant record-breaking in Bundesliga terms.

Ah. It's probably only second behind Begovic, can't think of many from that far out. Edited by Facecloth