Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

I'm getting a ticket for Atalanta V Napoli today for next week. Looking forward to that but this time I will probably buy a ticket in an area which doesn't involve sitting on a concrete block for 3 hours and being in agony for the next week.

I'm getting a ticket for Atalanta V Napoli today for next week. Looking forward to that but this time I will probably buy a ticket in an area which doesn't involve sitting on a concrete block for 3 hours and being in agony for the next week.

That's most of the stadium ruled out then isn't it? In need of a revamp, maybe even a whole new stadium.

Milan are after relocating to a new stadium.

...that is to say, they will talk about it a lot maybe even draw up plans leaving Inter to finance most of the refurbishment of the San Siro whereupon the new stadium plans will collapse and Milan return to a newly polished San Siro.

I read an article the other day that spoke about the finances in Serie A, italian clubs can't afford to build a new stadium.

They could use the ones they built in Portugal for Euro 2004. So many of them remain unused due to clubs unable to pay for maintenance and loans (as seen in Leiria, for instance).

Oh, wait.

That's most of the stadium ruled out then isn't it? In need of a revamp, maybe even a whole new stadium.

They have a couple of seated areas in the ground but double the ticket price, either that or get one with the nutters behind the goal so I'm not sitting down.

They are in desperate need of a new ground but being so close to 2 major teams im sure the attendance figures don't warrant the investment.

What's going on with Dortmund?

7 points from 9 games. 4th from bottom and only 3 points off 18th place itself. Have they been plagued with injuries? Not even won at home for 3 games and haven't won in 6 league games. 

Their next 2 games are against the top 2 sides as well lol

Edited by StanSP

What's going on with Dortmund?

7 points from 9 games. 4th from bottom and only 3 points off 18th place itself. Have they been plagued with injuries? Not even won at home for 3 games and haven't won in 6 league games.

Their next 2 games are against the top as well lol

They've been battered by injuries the last two seasons. Does make you wonder what they're doing in fitness terms, mind. It can't all be bad luck.

I think they'll settle, still probably recover to be top four.

They've been battered by injuries the last two seasons. Does make you wonder what they're doing in fitness terms, mind. It can't all be bad luck.

I think they'll settle, still probably recover to be top four.

True enough but the last few weeks have been much closer to full strength and they've still lost twice in the Bundesliga against teams they should put away.

Honestly think Weidenfeller is the problem. He's instilling zero confidence in the back four which certainly don't need a shaky goalie behind them. They must sign a top 10 goalie next summer.

The fitness point is an interesting one. The two title seasons they were incredibly lucky with injuries but towards the end of 2011/12 they started picking up a few knocks and it's got worse and worse since. I genuinely believe it's a result of the way they play - running more kilometres (with more high intensity sprints than anyone else) must take it's toll eventually.

Genuinely think Kloppo could get them relegated and still keep his job. The club is completely undivided on that.

They made the point on European football show (BT) that Klopp could get relegated and still keep his job. I don't see him going down, though, it's cliché but they're far too good. I'd back them to be top six minimum.

Think his reign will come to an end sooner rather than later though.

I remember him telling 442 a couple of years ago that he loved Dortmund now but that he wasn't a lifer, that it was a project the same as Mainz were and that he was in love there, too.

The worse they finish this season, the more likely he is to lose Reus (likely anyway), Hummels, maybe Gundogan if he can return to some form after a long absence, etc.

I can see that taking its toll on Klopp's love affair eventually. There's only so much a manager is going to take constantly losing his stars, history shows that. He's one of the best in the world at replenishing his squad but that doesn't mean he'll want to. He strikes me as a man that builds strong bonds with his players and will take it personally when youngsters like Gotze, Reus and co' (that he nurtured) leave.

Edited by Finnegan

Where would he be a good fit and more importantly where would he want to go? Arsenal?

I actually think he'd be good for Liverpool as well as Arsenal. But can't see Rodgers getting the boot or leaving any time soon. He's got something alright going on there at the moment (granted some improvements need to be made to match last season at least).

this atleti games is kicking off a bit. getafe down to 10 could be 9 and mandzukic and minanda could've gone for atletico too. simeone oddly not even that involved, stayed in his technical area for most the pushing and shoving instead of taking his usual position right in the middle of it :D 

If Enrique turns out to be shit I can see Klopp going to Barca, Id imagine Simeone will be the most sought after manager around come the summer. Wouldn't be surprised if Pellegrini is sacked and City chase after every half decent manager in Europe but they end up settling for an average one again

Just been to the San Siro for Milan V Fiorentina which finished 1-1. Fiorentina looked the better team and I was really disappointed with the likes of El Shaarawy and Honda.

Edited by Bergamo_Fox