Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

Carpi have gone 9 points clear at the top of Serie B in Italy, to put what they've done since reforming in perspective imagine Bishop's Stortford being 9 points clear at the top of the Championship in 14 years time

How've they managed that? Investment?

I've just drawn them in the cup on FM15. Had no idea they'd gone on a rise like that. I'm quite scared now.

How've they managed that? Investment?

I've just drawn them in the cup on FM15. Had no idea they'd gone on a rise like that. I'm quite scared now.

No significant investment, clever use of the loan market, most permanent transfers have been free's or young players from lower leagues for nominal fees.

Majority of the squad is early twenties, a few players have been there since being in the 4th tier, Italian press have put it down grit and determination, a real anomaly. Ground only holds around 4,000 as well, they really shouldn't able to do what they are.

Their 2-0 win against Catania means they also have the record for most points at the halfway stage ever in Serie B, 43.

No!

(Almost certainly in the Summer :xmasangry:)

Sorry, yeah, I didn't mean in January. He looks a certainty to go at the end of the year.

Sadly, I dislike all the clubs he's likely to move to. It's going to be as upsetting as Silva going to Man City. Probably worse. :(

Sorry, yeah, I didn't mean in January. He looks a certainty to go at the end of the year.

Sadly, I dislike all the clubs he's likely to move to. It's going to be as upsetting as Silva going to Man City. Probably worse. :(

Can't see him coming to England. Almost certainly will go to Barcelona.

Just seen they had an appeal rejected today... still see them getting out of it somehow.

yeah same that's why i was asking, pretty sure they're not allowed to sign anyone til 2016 supposedly, yet are still regularly linked with players in the papers etc, as if everyone's just brushed it under the carpet. 

I'm likely to be in Berlin early April and Union Berlin are at home to aalen. Anyone been before? Are tickets easy enough to get hold off?

Quite easy to order online.

Unions ground is probably my favourite in Germany, 3 stands of terracing!

Enjoy!

yeah real barely had a kick from about 50 mins to 85. ronaldo may as well not have played the second half he was that uninvolved.

they were very unlucky not to get an equaliser at the end though, one absolutely outstanding save from a header.