Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

lol

I never thought this would happen but that actually tops my "I had a cheese burger with Steve Walsh" story.

both great stories, bolo probs edges it hair-wise though. hope it was a gourmet cheeseburger and not a poverty one from some dodgy bar though. 

sami hyypia also once bought me an lfc magazine with his pic on the front and then signed it, i didn't have the heart to tell him i wasn't a liverpool fan he looked like it would've broken him. think i've still got it somewhere. 

Surely Turan is in for a one million match ban after that?

nah didn't hit nobody did it, just a yellow for throwing your boot away like if you'd kicked the ball away imo 

It's not like Turan threw the boot in someone's face.

The Walsh story would win if he'd actually bought the burger but it was catering in a Filbert Street box for a cup game vs Chesterfield.

I won my first ever bet that day too. I had Heskey 3 - 1 at 8/1, with a quid on.

Phwoar.

nah didn't hit nobody did it, just a yellow for throwing your boot away like if you'd kicked the ball away imo 

Really? He's clearly thrown it with intent.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him banned for a long while.

Bayern allegedly no longer interested in chasing after Marco Reus.

Relief.

Oh, but now Arsène is in the mix:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11381439/Arsenal-transfer-news-and-rumours-Arsene-Wenger-keen-to-sign-Marco-Reus-after-Bayern-Munich-pull-out.html

Would like to see him come to England and Arsenal is probably the best club for him.

Wow... English clubs are really paying way over the odds. Leicester pay a potential £ 9 mil for Kramaric and Doumbia goes to Roma for £ 11 mil ? What the hell ??

I thought he was overrated because of fifa but turns out he's got a great record

Any fans in the world would boo their team if they went from a Champions League final to near relegation in like a year and a half or am i missing something?

nope that was pretty much the point i was making, german fans aren't the holier than thou superheroes most people want to paint them as. they boo, they leave early, they stop singing when they're losing, they have a go at their players, their manager etc etc etc. some would have you believe that even if they were 7-0 down at home to wigston car breakers there'd still be 80,000 smiling, happy faces bouncing supporting dortmund on that yellow wall. not the case. 

nope that was pretty much the point i was making, german fans aren't the holier than thou superheroes most people want to paint them as. they boo, they leave early, they stop singing when they're losing, they have a go at their players, their manager etc etc etc. some would have you believe that even if they were 7-0 down at home to wigston car breakers there'd still be 80,000 smiling, happy faces bouncing supporting dortmund on that yellow wall. not the case. 

Yeah, teams like St Pauli and Dortmund have supporters like anyone else.

Just 1% of their fanbase are hipsters, the likes to which you're probably referring to. Although I doubt they actually go to any games.

Yeah, teams like St Pauli and Dortmund have supporters like anyone else.

Just 1% of their fanbase are hipsters, the likes to which you're probably referring to. Although I doubt they actually go to any games.

"Hipsters"?!?! lol

You've clearly never been to a game in Germany have you?