Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

"Hipsters"?!?! lol

You've clearly never been to a game in Germany have you?

Keep your Alans on.

I'm talking about the 15 year olds who choose a different team to support each week depending on how 'cool' they are.

Why exactly are Dortmund this bad now?

From what I can gather it's sort of similar to Everton's situation in that the players are just not performing any longer this season even though on paper they have a fairly strong team, United's in that their stadium isn't a place that is difficult to play at anymore (no fear factor) and the big one being that any sort of philiopsophy built by Klopp over the years has been negated by the constant poaching of their best players, some of which are clearly world class so difficult to come close to replacing!

The most confusing thing for me is that they have been performing well in the Champions League but the Bundesliga is the polar opposite

Edited by zak_lcfc

I can understand them getting weaker but this is outrageous. I still don't think they'll drop though, looks quite similar to England in the sense that it's pretty tight and there's a lot of teams in it, and they certainly have the capability to get out of that.

I hope they do as well. I apologise if it makes me a hipster for hoping a club who've done it what I'd call the right way do well.

They won't go down, aren't they a win away from mid table and only like two wins off the top half or something.

And only one team goes straight down in Germany anyway, so much like when Hamburg were completely doggo the whole of last year all they've gotta do is finish second bottom and beat some arse end second division team over two legs and everything is forgotten.

They won't go down, aren't they a win away from mid table and only like two wins off the top half or something.

And only one team goes straight down in Germany anyway, so much like when Hamburg were completely doggo the whole of last year all they've gotta do is finish second bottom and beat some arse end second division team over two legs and everything is forgotten.

2 teams go straight down, 3rd bottom goes into the play off

nope that was pretty much the point i was making, german fans aren't the holier than thou superheroes most people want to paint them as. they boo, they leave early, they stop singing when they're losing, they have a go at their players, their manager etc etc etc. some would have you believe that even if they were 7-0 down at home to wigston car breakers there'd still be 80,000 smiling, happy faces bouncing supporting dortmund on that yellow wall. not the case.

I was about 10m to the right of where Weidenfeller climbed into the Südtribüne last night so I feel qualified to respond to this post whilst I try and shake off my hangover.

Throughout the whole game yesterday the Westfalenstadion got behind the team. 90 minutes of giving them everything whilst the team trotted around like they couldn't give a fvck (with the exception of Kev Kampl who was bizarrely substituted).

Only when the final whistle went did the atmosphere turn hostile and deservedly so. Except it wasn't just the pathetic booing that goes on at the sight of a misplaced pass (or one home defeat in a year), it was an absolute outpouring of frustration that has built up all season after 19 games of shite. 'Wir wollen kämpfen sehen' (we want to see you fight) was the chant.

Fair play to Weidenfeller and Hummels for coming to apologise to the fans, and fair play to the rest of the team and Klopp for standing there and taking it rather than running down the tunnel like the cvnts in England do.

What you didn't see on that BT video is that whilst they walked off down the tunnel, the whole Süd sang them off properly and will back them to the hilt on Saturday in Freiburg.

So whilst you are right in saying they are not 'holier than thou' - there are probably not many fans around the world more patient than in Germany.

• Like 3

nope that was pretty much the point i was making, german fans aren't the holier than thou superheroes most people want to paint them as. they boo, they leave early, they stop singing when they're losing, they have a go at their players, their manager etc etc etc. some would have you believe that even if they were 7-0 down at home to wigston car breakers there'd still be 80,000 smiling, happy faces bouncing supporting dortmund on that yellow wall. not the case. 

Not one end I have been in over in Germany has stopped singing when losing.