Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

Scenes at the Gladbach - Köln game.

It's one of the biggest derbies in Germany and a tense affair. There are pyros thrown onto the pitch by Köln "fans". Gladbach score the winner towards the end and the away end is going berserk.

A few masked fools in white laboratory suits enter the pitch and cause a ruckus, there's even fighting between Gladbach and Köln fans on the sidelines:

Sad to see the San Siro so empty.

The state of Italian football now is a long way off the super stardom of my youth.

Serie A was the bollocks in the 90s. Fiorentina were my side, Rui Costa, Batistuta, Toldo, Di Livio, Chiesa, Gomes. Loved them. 

Hated Roma for some reason, Lazio too.

That Barcelona front three is ****ing ridiculous. Probably the most insane front three I've ever seen. The form they've cranked it up to the last few weeks is immense.

I'm not even trying to wind up his fan boys when I say Ronaldo wouldn't even get in the Barca side at the moment. Revista did a piece on how much his form has dropped off since his Ballon Dor.

yeah it's mad watching them. started to click after a few months for suarez to get to grips with it. 

since they lost to sociedad in the first game back after winter they've won 11 games in a row, scored 42 goals and only once failed to score at least 3 times (against atleti, known for having one of the best defensive games in the world). that's mad. 

messi has 14 goals in them 11, neymar 10 & suarez 4. there was a stat not long before christmas that ronaldo had scored more league goals than the three combined this season, think they've put that to bed lol

on the other side like you say, ronaldo hasn't scored in 3 games (barely worth a mention for 99% of players in the world but that's a huge dip from him like you say) & bale is still getting booed off the pitch. even though they're top of the league. 

yeah it's all gone a bit wrong since the winter break. not sure why. there's clearly some unrest somewhere with the whole bale thing, ronaldo not performing and the fans constantly being unhappy despite being top of the league. 

the performance at atletico was a shambles lol. atletico were typical atletico, get in your face and make it hard but real clearly didn't want to be there. 

maybe the champions league will return at the right time and give them their focus back. looks like la liga will be going to the wire again though, should be fun. 

Pretty sure I got laughed at for saying that Real Madrid's summer business was no better than Barcelona's. Plenty of time yet though.

Barcelona are looking the business lately. Was always going to happen once that trio clicked. Neymar's completely won me over. Still the most embarrassing diving nobhead on earth but one hell of a player.

Deary me. Italy have lost their identity because they aren't very good anymore. Nothing to do with skin colour. Though ironically one of the black players (a certain Liverpool striker) is so far behind some of the forwards they've had in the past it's unreal.

Parma FC dissolved/gone out of business.

If they can get things together, they can play in Serie B next season.

I thought they still had one more month to scrape the necessary financial means together.

For now, their most valuable assets have been impounded.

Gazzetta dello Sport saying the Italian FA & Serie A will loan them €5m to get them to the end of the season

I read somewhere that a consortium had bought them not so long ago.

The second time in a row the club had been sold for 1 Euro. :D

Then again, the interested parties involved were said to be Albanian. :ph34r: