Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

Also, I don't know why I took a swipe at Dean Saunders. I absolutely didn't mean Dean Saunders. I meant Andy Townsend. 

I'm really, really sorry Dean Saunders. What a bizarre mix up. I feel like I've shamed my people.

Anyway, is it Andy Townsend on BT Sport or does Matt Holland just sound unfortunately like Andy Townsend? (Fantastically, neither sound remotely Irish. Also Dean Saunders doesn't sound Irish but he isn't Irish.)

Edit: In my defence, I think I had them both in Panini sticker album Aston Villa early-mid-nineties and they look kind of similar........... ?

Edit edit: Saunders and Townsend that is, not Matt Holland. Matt Holland didn't play for Aston Villa in the nineties. Also I didn't have his Panini sticker, I'd stopped collecting stickers by then.

This is my worst ever post on Foxes Talk. What am I doing?

Edit edit edit:

70fda79cb0316b74851191cfafa5fe5f.jpg $T2eC16hHJGYE9nookPZnBR3ckub+gg~~60_35.J

Same ridiculous mop head. That's what it was. Also, that Villa away kit is awful but really brilliant at the same time. I think Carlisle had an away kit like that with Eddy Stobbart on it. Lovely.

I'm really sorry, Dean.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

It's like when you do a drawing that's not bad but you try and improve but just make it worse, so you try and fix and make it even worse yet again, so you wish you just left it

I can't remember the last time I drew something

Edited by Wookie

German players seem to have gone the complete opposite direction in terms of their style. I always had them down as quite no-nonsense, solid but unspectacular and efficient. Nowadays they seem to be all about attacking, barring the top players.

German players seem to have gone the complete opposite direction in terms of their style. I always had them down as quite no-nonsense, solid but unspectacular and efficient. Nowadays they seem to be all about attacking, barring the top players.

The lads who came over for our game against Stoke were absolutely slating the lack of high pressing in English football.

The lads who came over for our game against Stoke were absolutely slating the lack of high pressing in English football.

English defending isn't great either. I'd argue Premier League sides are better defensively than Bundesliga sides mind.

I get to see some European football live today in the form of the Śląsk derby between Piast and Górnik. Should be interesting, there's riot police about already and it's still 5 hours until kick-off lol

I get to see some European football live today in the form of the Śląsk derby between Piast and Górnik. Should be interesting, there's riot police about already and it's still 5 hours until kick-off lol

That's a great Derby. Górnik supposed to be fvcking mental.

Hoping this is a cracker. Imagine there's a few off here watching.

Really have a soft spot for this Valencia this year. Really good to watch. If Atleti go at them this could be really end to end.

is it cos of fm?