Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

Aren't there strict FIFA rules that ban any kind of government interference in footballing matters? (One of the few things that Sepp Blatter gets right). I think it carries pretty heavy penalties like banning the international teams from competing.

Suspended would indicate that it will be re-scheduled. 

As indicated in the original article, they are "still open to dialogue". 

Basically, they've pencilled this in with a weeks notice to force the government to back down. 

My money would be on all games going ahead as planned, if not, why not suspend it with immediate effect?

If the government call their bluff, there will be a public outcry and games will be very difficult to re-arrange in the top tier, given the number of South Americans due at the Copa America.

If no agreement can be made, the season should be expunged from the record. 

Aren't there strict FIFA rules that ban any kind of government interference in footballing matters? (One of the few things that Sepp Blatter gets right). I think it carries pretty heavy penalties like banning the international teams from competing.

There's supposed to be but i think clubs like Barca, Real and Valencia get a lot of their revenue from public funding which comes from the government, which in turn is scammed from the e EU which is partly funded by the British taxpayer which means that somewhere along the line i pay for Ronaldo to have his toenails done. 

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/12/18/sport/football/spanish-football-clubs-investigation/

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Like 2

Thinking about this even more.

Would this not strengthen the idea that some of the top players from La Liga would probably be interested in the Premier League now?

After the big television deal too.

Serious fines for seven European clubs... and then some:

UEFA punishes AS Roma, Monaco, Sporting Lisbon, Inter, Besiktas, Krasnodar and Lok Moscow for financial irregularities.

Those teams can only name 21 to 22 players in upcoming Europa League or Champions League matches.

Added to that are fines and a transfer embargo (all but Sporting).

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32666094

Serious fines for seven European clubs... and then some:

UEFA punishes AS Roma, Monaco, Sporting Lisbon, Inter, Besiktas, Krasnodar and Lok Moscow for financial irregularities.

Those teams can only name 21 to 22 players in upcoming Europa League or Champions League matches.

Added to that are fines and a transfer embargo (all but Sporting).

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32666094

It's for breaching financial fair play rules.

If it was for financial irregularities, the punishment would have been far more severe!

It's for breaching financial fair play rules.

If it was for financial irregularities, the punishment would have been far more severe!

To my understanding, breaching FFP implicates financial irregularities (as set by the standard of rules).