Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wherethefoxhat?

Honking & Hooting in the Underpass !

I can remember going wembley dad driving down and just after the first junction in the m1 fans who didn't get ticket hanging Leicester flags and wishing us all the best! Loads if honking and horning too. Hope we get the same for Chelsea on sunday!

It was even better when we won. Hundreds packed the bridges as we got closer to Leicester and Narborough road was a party, I went all the way down it sitting on the car windowsill before we detoured to Filbert Street and drove the car round the car park papping our hooters and singing.

A new post match ritual in the making is a tosser living on the top floor of the Liberty building on Raw Dykes Road who shouts out a load of bollocks at the top of his voice as we're all going past. He got a good blast of We Love You tuesday night - quality! Any city fans living in that building who know who he is?

I was walking back down the river after the game the other night and some bloke was absolutely bellowing from that direction - maybe it was that chump. He was really giving it some.

• 5 years later...
1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

Bump. Pleased to report this is still a thing, even after the Everton game last week. Only problem is the horn on my Land Rover doesn't work!

My kids absolutely love it - is their favourite part of match day (but only after a win of course!)

My horn is in perfect working order its just that my bloody   land Rover doesnt work,....

Honk, honk...

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

My horn is in perfect working order its just that my bloody   land Rover doesnt work,....

Honk, honk...

Don't get me started on my bloody Land Rover. Has cost me over 2 grand in repairs in the 18 months I've had it. Every mile driven is a mile closer to the next breakdown is how that car makes me feel!

12 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Don't get me started on my bloody Land Rover. Has cost me over 2 grand in repairs in the 18 months I've had it. Every mile driven is a mile closer to the next breakdown is how that car makes me feel!

I have a couple of German friends, that swapped from BMW X3s, to Land Rovers they both say they love the car (discovery version).

So far no problems 1-2 yrs ownership.   

Actually I dont have a LR.but it is  so far the most  comfortable car I have sat in, including the lexus.

9 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Bump. Pleased to report this is still a thing, even after the Everton game last week. Only problem is the horn on my Land Rover doesn't work!

My kids absolutely love it - is their favourite part of match day (but only after a win of course!)

It’s weird this has come up. My two love it as well and were asking on the way home from the Everton game when it first started. I told them that it’s been happening for at least as long as I can remember, which is over 30 years.

Just found a photo of the opening ceremony which was 2nd May 1968. Presumably it’s been happening since then. So we should have one masssive session under there on that date next year to celebrate 50 years of honking and hooting. lol9AD7AF5F-D34A-4E8C-9D36-FF27E76059D5.thumb.jpeg.14d19375017baa0d642d313d7405b3fc.jpeg

Edited by Drew Peacock
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

It’s weird this has come up. My two love it as well and were asking on the way home from the Everton game when it first started. I told them that it’s been happening for at least as long as I can remember, which is over 30 years.

Just found a photo of the opening ceremony which was 2nd May 1968. Presumably it’s been happening since then. So we should have one masssive session under there on that date next year to celebrate 50 years of honking and hooting. lol9AD7AF5F-D34A-4E8C-9D36-FF27E76059D5.thumb.jpeg.14d19375017baa0d642d313d7405b3fc.jpeg

We won the league on the anniversary!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Wookie said:

Unreal when we won the league, all you could hear 

.... after that Everton game ...driving slowly thru the underpass blasting the horn along with everyone else in the whole of Leicester or so it seemed.

Def one of my best memories of that amazing week.