Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wherethefoxhat?

Honking & Hooting in the Underpass !

I bloody love this, makes me smile everytime. Its times like this that you dont mind being stuck in traffic!

We went through there after Cov (in a bus), and there was no honking. I thought it had stopped, pleased to hear it again last night.

I remember it vividly after we beat Sunderland 1-0 in the 2001/02 season.

Sadly we'd have to wait five months to hear it again.

Facts.

Edited by Bert

Was saying to my dad only a few months ago what a brilliant tradition it is! I've always been aware of it in my time going to Leicester and that's since 1997.

Best thing about it is the people who clearly haven't been to the football (or maybe not even known that a football match has been on), their faces are priceless. The day we make it back to the Premiership I know which way I'll be going home...

Guest Col city fan

Used to go through it after every home game, think people in the Charlotte could tell i we'd won or lost. Those were the days

The Charlotte!

Saw some great bands in there including the Roses.

Happy days

Oh, and the honking too..

Always drive home that way after the match,

I think it started When we came back from beating Derby in the Play offs, 1994.... when a load of us did a tour of the city in our decked out cars, maybe before that but this seems to be sticking in my mind....

Think after that every game we won I always beep loud n proud !! ...

Grandson has now taken to waving his scarf out the window now whilst singing '' we love you !!''

I always have a giggle about what other non city fans think if they are in the tunnel !

We are a breed apart.... Cmon Leicester..............

Always used to happen around Filbert Street when my dad used to take me in the 90's. Is this pretty common for clubs or is this our own thing?

Not heard of this at any other club tbh !

It's the Underpass that makes it .

It's been going since the Underpass was put there ........still trying to find out the year !

It's awesome after a particularly good victory !! :trumpet:

Always drive home that way after the match,

I think it started When we came back from beating Derby in the Play offs, 1994.... when a load of us did a tour of the city in our decked out cars, maybe before that but this seems to be sticking in my mind....

Think after that every game we won I always beep loud n proud !! ...

Grandson has now taken to waving his scarf out the window now whilst singing '' we love you !!''

I always have a giggle about what other non city fans think if they are in the tunnel !

We are a breed apart.... Cmon Leicester..............

It was going well before that can remember it as far back as late 80's, pretty sure it's been going on since I've been going which was about 1988

It was certainly going on before 94

Not heard of this at any other club tbh !

It's the Underpass that makes it .

It's been going since the Underpass was put there ........still trying to find out the year !

It's awesome after a particularly good victory !! :trumpet:

I've never been under that underpass, just remember it in any traffic jams really. Great tradition though, keep it up!!

Guest bss9401

I certainly remember it from 1992 after the POSF. May well have been done much earlier as i'm sure I recall blasting my car horn there after an evening game vs Villa in around 1986 or '87. The Spanish do it in style though. I've been in Madrid and Barcelona on match days and they drive around the city for an hour after a win, or for several hours after a big game blasting car horns.

A new post match ritual in the making is a tosser living on the top floor of the Liberty building on Raw Dykes Road who shouts out a load of bollocks at the top of his voice as we're all going past. He got a good blast of We Love You tuesday night - quality! Any city fans living in that building who know who he is?

I certainly remember it from 1992 after the POSF. May well have been done much earlier as i'm sure I recall blasting my car horn there after an evening game vs Villa in around 1986 or '87. The Spanish do it in style though. I've been in Madrid and Barcelona on match days and they drive around the city for an hour after a win, or for several hours after a big game blasting car horns.

Ahhhh, this reminded me of being on holiday in Lanzarote and being out the night Spain won Euro 2008. Mental, felt like everyone on the island was out, such a class atmosphere.