Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Charl91

Things which annoy you in games

Almost every game has something in it which you hate. Even though I love some of these games, I can't really think of any game which doesn't have some feature which annoys me in some way or another. Just wondered what annoying features of games other people dislike?

Mw2 - People with one-man army, spamming Noob-tubes. Takes no skill, and is just pretty cheap.

Black Ops - Mw2 had a really smooth aiming system. Yours feels like I'm playing on the Wii. You also ruined sniping with your god-awful maps.

Mw3 - Has the worlds worst maps. It's as if the creators of the game decided that all the fun open maps in Mw2 were no longer fun, and instead everyone just wants to run and gun like black-ops. Why can I only climb like one thing per level?

Fifa - People using Real Madrid or Barcelona. Fifas rating system is screwed. If Tottenham are a five-star team, then Barcelona are a 6 star team. And people quitting when I score in the first ten minutes.

Bf3 - People using MAV's. The little flying robots shouldn't be able to kill you Ffs, especially when you can get unlimited amount of them. Also the grenade shotgun things.....

Left for dead 2 - The voting system. The fact that you can literally vote your opponents out of the game, or vote to restart the level is ridiculous. Especially if there are four on their team, and two on yours - you always get out-voted.

Skyrim - Melee combat. Boring and repetitive. Ditto pretty much every quest, especially the main one. Especially after I forced myself to complete it, only to find out the bloody game is never-ending. Oh, and horses flying up mountains.

Borderlands - Every single place looks the same, and there's about four types of enemy. A birdy kind of one, some mutant people, dogs and slightly bigger people....

Viva Pinata Party Animals - One of the stupidest game mechanics ever. Why have a race that when your player is behind, it runs faster? Surely that just contradicts the point of a race.

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas - Why no run button? Why no melee combat?And for the love of God Why does my gun LITERALLY DISSAPEAR out of my hand, so my character is left holding no weapon, and is unable to do anything apart from throw grenades for the rest of the game? Very glitchy. For a game that I thought would be about stealth, there is almost none in it.

Fable 2 - WHY CAN'T I DIE!!!! I don't care about stupid scars or losing ten experience; I don't get a sense of achievement completing a game that even my girlfriend has managed - she struggles on Viva Pinata ffs!! Fable one was a great game, and you got rid of all the great things about it, and put in the ability to not die, wait a stupidly long time to be able to cast high level spells, and sleep with prostitutes. Great.

Vanquish - Whoever designed the main character must still think Smoking is cool, because the guy smokes in pretty much every cut-scene and tries to talk like a bad-ass. Probably the most annoying character I've come across in a game.

Bio-shock - I got lost in the first ten minutes.... haven't played it since.

Mass Effect - I keep hearing it's a great game. I'v started three play throughs, and not completed any of them. For a Bioware game, I'm very dissapointed.

Dark Souls - I love you, but your frame rate at some points makes me want to cry.

Mortal Kombat - Your Xray moves ruined the game. Not that I can remember ten-button Kombos anyway.....

The only game I can't find a criticism for is Dragon Age. The first anyway. I can find plenty of complaints with Dragon Age #2.....

Black Ops - Mw2 had a really smooth aiming system. Yours feels like I'm playing on the Wii. You also ruined sniping with your god-awful maps.

Prepare to be murdered by Phube for Nintendo critism.

However I like the Wii - it was made for FPS & fighting games. Why click buttons when I can put a remote into a gun shaped piece of plastic and actually pull triggers to shoot people?

Likewise Star Wars games on the wii - acting like you've actually got a lightsaber is unavoidable (and self-made sound effects are mandatory).

Fooking FIFAS AI! (CPU) WHY HASN'T IT BEEN ENHANCED OR UPGRADED SINCE 2001 IT'S A JOKE! All the space on the pitch and they don't move into it the defenders have no idea what to do or how to stay in a line and defend and not to mention the stupid Refs and Linesman!? GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

F1 2011 - The amount of times i get knocked off the track within the first lap is ridiculous.

MW3 - The constant quick scopers, why put sniper rifles in the game? the maps are to small!!

Battlefield 3 - on Conquest the opposite team can come hide in your base and kill you when you respawn! why!?!? it gets really annoying when you die straight the way!

Fifa 12 - How can leicester be in the same class bracked as Celtic and Hamburg!? yeah i beat them but that's not the point!

Skyrim - It's all the same!

Fifa 12 - Another thing! Why can't you have mistakes in the game? like the linesmen get the offside wrong? it would make it so much more realistic

Fifa - The amount of people that are Barcelona and Real Madrid online. Still makes it all the more satisfying when I beat Barcelona 6-1 with AFC Wimbledon. But have to agree about the AI, refs and linesman. Some of this Fifa is actually worse. The amount of penalties that are given when you clearly win the ball is so frustrating.

Arkham City - How easy it is to get lost.

Rugby Challenge - Just shit and doesn't know the rules of rugby. I bought it for £43 and sold it for £25

Prepare to be murdered by Phube for Nintendo critism.

However I like the Wii - it was made for FPS & fighting games. Why click buttons when I can put a remote into a gun shaped piece of plastic and actually pull triggers to shoot people?

Likewise Star Wars games on the wii - acting like you've actually got a lightsaber is unavoidable (and self-made sound effects are mandatory).

I like the Wii too (especially smash brothers and Wii tennis).

However, FPS's are not their forte. Shooting games which require you to walk just don't work on it. The style of games like Time-Crisis (which I have never understood why it hasn't been ported to the wii) and the Rayman Raving Rabitts, where the computer walks and you have to pop in an out of cover and fire, work really well on the wii. However, I don't think normal COD style FPS works on the Wii, firstly due to the controller, and secondly the technology of the Wii doesn't allow you to be nearly as accurate as a 360 or a PS3.

Rugby Challenge - Just shit and doesn't know the rules of rugby. I bought it for £43 and sold it for £25

I have great fun on this just as a game to stick on and muck about on.

It's annoying how the fly half is never in position to pass to and always seems to be just inside the winger and how many forwards seem to end up out wide.

The annoying amount of knock ons in open play and offsides during open play are tedious and some of the animations (kicking) could be a lot better but I like some of the dynamics like scrummaging, line outs and the rucking. If it was made by a better company, with some tweaks it could be a decent game.

I have great fun on this just as a game to stick on and muck about on.

It's annoying how the fly half is never in position to pass to and always seems to be just inside the winger and how many forwards seem to end up out wide.

The annoying amount of knock ons in open play and offsides during open play are tedious and some of the animations (kicking) could be a lot better but I like some of the dynamics like scrummaging, line outs and the rucking. If it was made by a better company, with some tweaks it could be a decent game.

I think the only good things about this game are the line-outs, licensing and graphics. You got next to no advantage when it's your put in. There's not enough penalties given away. I think for the amount of money people pay for a game, they should receive a good one. It cost me £43 which is relatively cheap as I saw it in-store at other places for £50+! But I'd say 90% of forward passes aren't noticed, also.

I just think it's awful.

Fifa 12 - Tackling. Superb slide tackle and the ref gives it as a foul, on the replay you see you have indeed clipped his legs a bit but that wasnt at first noticable. They should sort this out or slide tackling just becomes a foul most of the time, especially in the area. They should make it not look a good tackle, or make it so you clearly dont ge tthe ball.

And mistakes and poor linesmen etc on Fifa would be so good, and also balls not going over the line, etc. They should make it a feature in settings so you can turn it on or off.

But as it uses the name FIFA, there cant possibly be any mistakes can there.

I think the only good things about this game are the line-outs, licensing and graphics. You got next to no advantage when it's your put in. There's not enough penalties given away. I think for the amount of money people pay for a game, they should receive a good one. It cost me £43 which is relatively cheap as I saw it in-store at other places for £50+! But I'd say 90% of forward passes aren't noticed, also.

I just think it's awful.

I've got an xbox controller for my pc so i downloaded it (sshhhh). I wouldn't pay money for a completely new-developed game like that, at least without renting it first. It was always going to be a bit of an experiment. (I also refuse to pay over £40 for a game either. God knows where it's £50, I've never seen a game on sale for over £45.

The licensing and graphics are good which is why I think it has promise a few versions down the line. On your put in on scrums and lineouts you always seem to have an advantage. Like even if you tap the bars worse than them on the initial shove, you'll still usually come out with the better push unless their's was much better. And on lineouts you can stop the pointer on your side of the white line so you angle the throw slightly towards you. Of course if you muck it up the throw won't be straight but I think that's a realistic feature.

FIFA 12 - Penalties are rock, crossing is awful

What's wrong with penalties? Personally I think they're the best they've ever been. More control, more variety, more skill involved in taking a good penalty. So glad they've moved away from the boring pick-a-corner-and-press-shoot.

Also crosses...try changing the settings off automatic (not just crossing, shooting and passing as well, makes it much more fun and you can be a lot more creative. I feel like the games playing for me on the default controls). You can place your crosses on manual, deep/near post/6 yard box/edge of the area.

Bio-shock - I got lost in the first ten minutes.... haven't played it since.

Really? Really, really?! Oh well.

Hope Finners doesn't read this thread, he'll cry.

My main gripe would be games being rushed and not properly finished on release. You can blame the internet for this. Some games are almost unplayable if you buy them on the release date, which is why I never do.

I've got an xbox controller for my pc so i downloaded it (sshhhh). I wouldn't pay money for a completely new-developed game like that, at least without renting it first. It was always going to be a bit of an experiment. (I also refuse to pay over £40 for a game either. God knows where it's £50, I've never seen a game on sale for over £45.

The licensing and graphics are good which is why I think it has promise a few versions down the line. On your put in on scrums and lineouts you always seem to have an advantage. Like even if you tap the bars worse than them on the initial shove, you'll still usually come out with the better push unless their's was much better. And on lineouts you can stop the pointer on your side of the white line so you angle the throw slightly towards you. Of course if you muck it up the throw won't be straight but I think that's a realistic feature.

I agree the lineouts are good, but the scrums are poor for me. Also, why does the kicker always let out a grunt on place kicks? The motion of the scrums are like Wacky Races in the way they move forward and back.

And in the Leicester Tigers shop it was £55! Game had it for £49.99

I hate that we still aren't capable of making a football game that's any good. Fifa is shit, so is PES. Look at how far games have come in the last 5 years, we have seen some fantastic games. Football games however have barely moved forward at all. It's still the same as playing a game in an arcade from 1999, just in HD. Even CoD is closer to being like real warfare than Fifa is to real football.

On FIFA, those fvcking prats who think they're clever playing as Anzhi Makhachkala. They're shit, but the game has engineered Samuel Eto'o'o'o'o to be so good that he outpaces everyone else on the game and can score from literally anywhere on the pitch.

I hate that we still aren't capable of making a football game that's any good. Fifa is shit, so is PES. Look at how far games have come in the last 5 years, we have seen some fantastic games. Football games however have barely moved forward at all. It's still the same as playing a game in an arcade from 1999, just in HD. Even CoD is closer to being like real warfare than Fifa is to real football.

You can't actually be serious? Play Fifa 99 and then play 2012. I'd say i'd list the differences but I would literally be here all night.

I cant agree with any of that. FIFA has come on leaps & bounds since '99! Pro Evo led the way circa '05-07/8 but then EA have smashed it since. FIFA 12 is the best football game on any console/PC ever.

You must be on the wind-up.

A game that I really like is Read Dead Redemption but it has so many glitches.

I love that game! I only noticed a couple of bugs, though. Sometimes the graphics mess up on the people you play poker with, and they look very basic with no detail; not even faces. The other thing was the game freezing for a few seconds when you ride a horse too fast into the biggest town.

What glitches did you notice?

I love that game! I only noticed a couple of bugs, though. Sometimes the graphics mess up on the people you play poker with, and they look very basic with no detail; not even faces. The other thing was the game freezing for a few seconds when you ride a horse too fast into the biggest town.

What glitches did you notice?

The most annoying one was that every 30 seconds or so the sky would just flash green. In the end I got so used to it that it didn't bother me but when I went back to it a couple of weeks ago it stuck out again. If the game wasn't so good I probably would have given up on it.

I have it on the PS3 though, It might be different on the 360.

The most annoying one was that every 30 seconds or so the sky would just flash green. In the end I got so used to it that it didn't bother me but when I went back to it a couple of weeks ago it stuck out again. If the game wasn't so good I probably would have given up on it.

I have it on the PS3 though, It might be different on the 360.

That's strange. I didn't get that problem. I played it on a PS3, as well, but through an old 14" portable telly! It's like sticking a Ferrari engine on a go-kart.

That's strange. I didn't get that problem. I played it on a PS3, as well, but through an old 14" portable telly! It's like sticking a Ferrari engine on a go-kart.

It might just be my copy/console then. :dunno:

Archived