Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Charl91

Things which annoy you in games

jumping puzzles in assasins creed where the camera wont move and you do "leap of faith" jumps and end up planting your face on the wall.

Good call. I couldn't quite get 100% completion on Assassin's Creed II because of one hidden location in one of the jumping puzzle buildings. I could see it, but I couldn't get to it, and once you get to the end of the level, you can't go back in. Bastard.

FIFA12 and Gary fecking Hooper... How can someone so average score with every fecking shot. Doesn't matter where from it always goes in.

Almost as bad as Rickie Lambert scoring with a header on every since cross in to the box... Grrrrrrr!

One thing that genuinely annoys me is being given the choice of the evil or the good route in games but being rewarded infinitely more for being "nice" because you know damn well that's their 'canon' story.

BioWare, as much as I love them, are ****ers for it.

FIFA online

- people who insist on watching the teams emerge from the tunnel, do the handshakes, see the team etc..... just press A/X and skip it FFS. It's always the same yet at least 50% of my games the other player won't skip it!

- people who play as Anzhi Makhachkala. Just as bad as those who always play as Barca or Real Madrid in my opinion. There is just no stopping Etoo up front!

- people who stop the game more than once to make subs in an online game. Subs in general should be banned in my opinion. Tactics can be allocated to the D pad and the players don't really get injured online so why change players, especially when you're 5-0 up against me with 2 minutes to go.

- the fact that suddenly everyone can take it round my goalie without even trying. I know I'm crap at the game but if the computer controlled keeper goes crap then there's no hope for me at all

FIFA online

- people who insist on watching the teams emerge from the tunnel, do the handshakes, see the team etc..... just press A/X and skip it FFS. It's always the same yet at least 50% of my games the other player won't skip it!

- people who play as Anzhi Makhachkala. Just as bad as those who always play as Barca or Real Madrid in my opinion. There is just no stopping Etoo up front!

- people who stop the game more than once to make subs in an online game. Subs in general should be banned in my opinion. Tactics can be allocated to the D pad and the players don't really get injured online so why change players, especially when you're 5-0 up against me with 2 minutes to go.

- the fact that suddenly everyone can take it round my goalie without even trying. I know I'm crap at the game but if the computer controlled keeper goes crap then there's no hope for me at all

All of these. But you forgot the crucial one... People who get one on one with your keeper, then pass the fvcking ball sideways so they can score a ridiculously annoying goal. When I concede a goal like that it enrages me so much.

All of these. But you forgot the crucial one... People who get one on one with your keeper, then pass the fvcking ball sideways so they can score a ridiculously annoying goal. When I concede a goal like that it enrages me so much.

That one pretty much goes without saying. I would win so many more games if I did that because I am seriously bad at one on ones. Keepers always get a toe on my shots for some reason.

Another one is that why, when my keeper makes a save, does the rebound always fall to their striker yet for me it will fall right to their defender to clear?

Fifa 12 is scripted. Sometimes your players will hit the post when they would normally score, deflections will go against you, the opposition goalkeeper will make an impossible save. These things do happen in real football but on fifa, if the scripting says its your turn for a bad game then nothing goes right no matter how many chances you make.

Fifa 12 is scripted. Sometimes your players will hit the post when they would normally score, deflections will go against you, the opposition goalkeeper will make an impossible save. These things do happen in real football but on fifa, if the scripting says its your turn for a bad game then nothing goes right no matter how many chances you make.

I think more like it's just that I'm shite!

the fvking handicap in UT. ea say it doesnt exist but everytime i play with my starter pack team (34 chem) or my Brill BPL squad (85 rated) they change. if im my crap bronze verse a good gold team my players seem faster, shots better and control the ball better. yet when i play wiv my gold BPL squad against a poor team with poor chem they seem slow, rubbish control, crap shots and cant pass.

RANT OVER. :)

Something I'v noticed on Fifa 12 which annoys me is the passing.

Say I'm Man City against a slightly worse team, like Tottenham or Fulham. My passing will be amazing. Yet I play against a team like barcelona or real madrid, and all of a sudden my players can barely pass in the right direction. It's not even me being intercepted, it's literally my players failing to make passes which they normally make with ease.

It seems to me as though fifa works not by making the the better teams more skilled at passing, but making it so that when you come up against a better team your players get worse at passing......

football manager- when you try and buy a player(not on transfer list) they want silly money, but when someone come in for one of yours they wont pay much more then there value.

got to be a easy fixs but they all the games do it.

football manager- when you try and buy a player(not on transfer list) they want silly money, but when someone come in for one of yours they wont pay much more then there value.

got to be a easy fixs but they all the games do it.

I've not played any FMs since FM 09, but when I wanted to sell a player, I'd set the price really high and offer them to other clubs. Then see if you get any interest. If not, lower the price a bit and do the same again. Keep doing this until you see that other clubs are interested and then wait to see what they say. If they all decline to offer, lower the price a bit and offer to clubs again.

Generally, you'll get more money for your players if they're not near the end of their contract.

When buying, just haggle. Offer the lowest you think you might get away with, and the selling club might tell you what they want. Offer a bit more, and they should ask for slightly less than before. Keep repeating this until you meet somewhere in the middle.

Sometimes other clubs will want crazy prices, but might accept much lower if you haggle well. Sometimes you can get a lot of money for a player if you manage to start a bidding war, but it does take time and patience.

I apologise if you knew all that already.

FIFA online

I hate timewasters on FIFA myself.

BUT... as for the subs thing, it's perfectly legitimate. Every side in a football match has the choice to do subs, just like in real life.

AND... the sideways passing in front of the goal leading to a silly goal. I agree it is an annoying thing. But again, this happens in real football, as well.

Also, the issue's not so much with the way the goal is scored, it's more a question of why it actually got to this point in the first place. If you're shit at defending, you'll concede shit goals.

When you put a game on it's hardest difficulty, and it's still too easy.

Yes Fallout, I'm looking at you.

Or alternatively, people who say that a game was too easy, having played it on easy level.

Or alternatively, people who say that a game was too easy, having played it on easy level.

What are you trying to say? :D

Well really, I played Fallout 3 on Very Hard, and it wasn't much of a challenge when I got to Level 15. I did stock up and made loads of nuka-grenades, with a high explosive skill though.

I don't normally complain about difficulty levels in games and I typically find that only complete sad cases do anyway; but VATS definitely did make Fallout 3 too easy. Especially once you got that hockey mask.

True but for me Fallout was about exploration, the story, sub stories and collecting the items etc, I am definitely no fan of achievments but I thoroughly enjoyed getting 100% achievements in it

FIFA online

I'm sorry but

- Not everyone might be ready to play the mini second the game loads up and might be doing something else, perfectly in their right to delay the start of the game if they want

- Anzhi are easy to beat as everyone who plays as them are horribly predictable

- Seriously? Thats just an amazing lack of patience on display lol

- If you time bringing your keeper out it's alot harder to go round him

I hate timewasters on FIFA myself.

BUT... as for the subs thing, it's perfectly legitimate. Every side in a football match has the choice to do subs, just like in real life.

AND... the sideways passing in front of the goal leading to a silly goal. I agree it is an annoying thing. But again, this happens in real football, as well.

Also, the issue's not so much with the way the goal is scored, it's more a question of why it actually got to this point in the first place. If you're shit at defending, you'll concede shit goals.

The sideways passing thing doesn't happen no where near as much as it does on FIFA, IRL the players can get back/ some will stay back more. (Through balls are too good on FIFA)

Archived