Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Charl91

Things which annoy you in games

I am annoyed. Extremely annoyed.

The ending of ME3 is a disgrace. All those hours spent playing through one of the greatest gaming franchises of all time and it comes down to choosing blue, red or green?

Disgrace.

And one of my squad members from Earth ends up on a lush, green planet? lol

Whilst we're ranting about FIFA, can I put the Ronaldo chop and anyone who's ever done it in to room 101? It's not even that I find it that hard to defend against, in fact in some cases it's how predictable and misused it is that offends me more. It just gets so boring watching spotty chavs do about eight step overs and a chop or two before harmlessly dribbling into the defender you've comically kept dead still just to make a point.

I may be looking at the past through rose tinted glasses but I swear tricks and skills on football games used to be fairly hard to pull off and weren't always rewarding unless you were in the right situation with a few, rare, select players.

Now it seems every bronze journeyman from anywhere more glamorous than Birkenhead that's dared to pull on a pair of fluorescent boots can shimmy his way into winning cheap set pieces like the best of Messi.

And before I stop bitching, the diving on the floor / playing dead / flopping like a salmon celebration isn't funny or cool and only serves to tell the irritable twenty-something you're playing against that you're a thirteen year old boy who's never seen a girl naked and that he should really be doing something better with his life than playing games with children.

<_<

I'm sorry but

- Not everyone might be ready to play the mini second the game loads up and might be doing something else, perfectly in their right to delay the start of the game if they want

- Anzhi are easy to beat as everyone who plays as them are horribly predictable

- Seriously? Thats just an amazing lack of patience on display lol

- If you time bringing your keeper out it's alot harder to go round him

- if you're not ready to play then why have you picked your team etc

- I've just found that Etoo bangs them in left right and centre from any angle against the lower level keepers.

- I don't have much patience in games I must admit but it frustrates me that in a game of about 5 minute halfs, people need three breaks to make subs having just had some time at half time to do it!

- I'm superbly bad at timing my keeper charges. Guarenteed to leave an easy chip or to get a booking for a ludicrous lunge outside the box lol

And before I stop bitching, the diving on the floor / playing dead / flopping like a salmon celebration isn't funny or cool and only serves to tell the irritable twenty-something you're playing against that you're a thirteen year old boy who's never seen a girl naked and that he should really be doing something better with his life than playing games with children.

<_<

I think I'm guilty of that one but in my defence (shockingly) after over 100 games, I'm still not sure of the celebration controls. Probably something to do with me being in shock when I score! I tend to just randomly hit the buttons hoping for some superb acrobatics or my player lifting his shirt to reveal a message but normally its pathetic such as me falling over.

I don't mind people who pause the game once or twice or use the pre-game and half time videos to put the kettle on, take a bite of their toast or skin up. That's all fair.

I do object to people not skipping the last video though, it goes on for ages and I can only think of petty reasons why you'd force that on someone.

Watching every single repaly of every single goal and chance gets boring very quickly too.

I think I'm guilty of that one but in my defence (shockingly) after over 100 games, I'm still not sure of the celebration controls. Probably something to do with me being in shock when I score! I tend to just randomly hit the buttons hoping for some superb acrobatics or my player lifting his shirt to reveal a message but normally its pathetic such as me falling over.

lol yeah it took me about 220 games to work out how you do celebrations and that was by accident. I used to just do whatever mashing A produces because I was trying to skip them.

Now I just run instantly in to the nearest player on my team and hope they hug because that's about the quickest way back to the actual game.

Only time I ever actually do a celebration is playing against the above mentioned chav children. If I go one nil up with some simple bit of route one after they've been ****ing about for a while with endless tricks and skills I can never resist a good finger to the lips "shhhhh!" celebration. If I'm feeling especially cheeky I'm not above a hand to the ear either.

:whistle:

lol yeah it took me about 220 games to work out how you do celebrations and that was by accident. I used to just do whatever mashing A produces because I was trying to skip them.

Now I just run instantly in to the nearest player on my team and hope they hug because that's about the quickest way back to the actual game.

To skip the celebration press RT and LT at the same time when he's running off.

Only time I ever actually do a celebration is playing against the above mentioned chav children. If I go one nil up with some simple bit of route one after they've been ****ing about for a while with endless tricks and skills I can never resist a good finger to the lips "shhhhh!" celebration. If I'm feeling especially cheeky I'm not above a hand to the ear either.

:whistle:

In those situations I opt for the running towards the camera and sitting down cross legged in front of it. Think that's about the limits of my celebrating skills. I once did the full Robbie Keane cartwheel, roll and guns - was so shocked I went on to lose badly!

Robot is the most annoying celebration.

Seems to be the one that comes up when button bashing though. I always go for the simple single somersault. Although 9/10 it does the rooney bicycle kick v man city celebration but with one arm. Just got caned by Anzhi, I need to stop playing when intoxicated.

This annoys me about as much as jumping on the floor does.

The Salmon dive is my other favourite one lol If it winds up my opponent, I'm all for it; when people get frustrated they tend to slide tackle more and play much worse.

The Salmon dive is my other favourite one lol If it winds up my opponent, I'm all for it; when people get frustrated they tend to slide tackle more and play much worse.

Narh not me. My default FIFA position is slouching on the sofa with a cuppa and a sarnie, half paying attention and half texting. Nothing makes me sit up and actually try more than a showboating child and I'm far better when I can be bothered.

I never get petty and dick about or slide tackle, just not in my nature. Even if I'm 7 0 down I keep plugging away trying to score, its all points innit.

This. In fact all showboating children on FIFA.

And those cocky pricks who are winning fair and square but feel the need to rub it in by trying to get their 'keeper to score. Or by passing it back to their centre-half then making him do keep-ups.

This. In fact all showboating children on FIFA.

And those cocky pricks who are winning fair and square but feel the need to rub it in by trying to get their 'keeper to score. Or by passing it back to their centre-half then making him do keep-ups.

Yeah, that pisses me off to be honest.

Infact, I only ever tend to celebrate my goals (see bum dance and salmon dive) against those kind of people. Oh, and people who do really long celebrations against me.

Not about a particular game but games in general. There needs to be more SRPGs, they're timeless and it saddens me that there's hardly any being made anymore. Shining Force 1 and 2 were great games.

RPG I get (Rocket Proplled Grenade, right?), but what does the S stand for?

Sports?

Selective?

Sexy?

Silly?

Archived