Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Charl91

Things which annoy you in games

Strategy.

:doh:

No, not many of them at all. Final Fantasy Tactics remains one of my favourite games of all time - it's the main reason I got my PS1 chipped (never released over here as far as I know.)

I was about to use FF Tactics as an example, or Fallout Tactics.

The only newer series I can think of are those valkyrie games. Can't remember what they're called, they're Japanese.

It's not a really big genre in the West.

Fifa 12 people who watch every pissing replay like a goal from 3 yards 3 times over!!!! i get blank screen on replays and is really annoying!

Fifa 12 playing against real madrid or barcelona, must play these 90% of the time!

Fifa 12 EA sports crappy servers i never ever quit.

Fifa 12 15 mins in to a game people quitting seriously annoying

The other day i was playing fifa 12 some yank scored after 16 minutes, paused changed his formation to 6 3 1 or something, bear defenders and tried to waste time the rest of the game!!! nob head!

cod the thing tha annoys me most is when i respawn in to cross fire dam it annoys me

FIFA online

- people who insist on watching the teams emerge from the tunnel, do the handshakes, see the team etc..... just press A/X and skip it FFS. It's always the same yet at least 50% of my games the other player won't skip it!

- people who play as Anzhi Makhachkala. Just as bad as those who always play as Barca or Real Madrid in my opinion. There is just no stopping Etoo up front!

- people who stop the game more than once to make subs in an online game. Subs in general should be banned in my opinion. Tactics can be allocated to the D pad and the players don't really get injured online so why change players, especially when you're 5-0 up against me with 2 minutes to go.

- the fact that suddenly everyone can take it round my goalie without even trying. I know I'm crap at the game but if the computer controlled keeper goes crap then there's no hope for me at all

i skjip it most times but sometimes i can get a drink or something while it's loads.

I was about to use FF Tactics as an example, or Fallout Tactics.

Ahh Fallout Tactics. That game was broken. The 'real-time' element ballsed it all up. Yes, I know you can have it turn-based, but that make it boring as shit, as for almost EVERY SHOT YOU HAVE LIKE 20% CHANCE OF HITTING AN ENEMY!! Didn't matter if you were a god damn sniper, or had a shotgun from point-blank. It took Fallout 3's development cycle to kill the first god damn enemy in the first level.

Fallout 2 > Fallout 1 > Fallout Tactshit

Ahh Fallout Tactics. That game was broken. The 'real-time' element ballsed it all up. Yes, I know you can have it turn-based, but that make it boring as shit, as for almost EVERY SHOT YOU HAVE LIKE 20% CHANCE OF HITTING AN ENEMY!! Didn't matter if you were a god damn sniper, or had a shotgun from point-blank. It took Fallout 3's development cycle to kill the first god damn enemy in the first level.

Fallout 2 > Fallout 1 > Fallout Tactshit

You ridiculously over-react to just about everything, haha.

It's a bit of an average game, yeah, but relax boy.

When people just stop playing on FIFA 12 because you're beating them convincingly-making the game boring and take ages to see out.

Just take it off them and pass it back to your own goalkeeper.

Them put the kettle on, go for a piss, whatever. Obviously it's slower than if they just quit but it's the fastest way to make the game go.

Any of you lot know any games with Shining Force's battle system?:

ShiningForce_001.png

I'm sure it has a specific name but I've yet to really come across any similar omes and I think it's the best, you have to actually walk up to the enemy and fight

I hate the FF/Lost Odyssey style where you're just standing in front of the enemy and have to take turns in hitting each other, I've never liked it and I reckon I've missed out on a top series because of it, but oh well:

FFIV_Fight.jpg

I know of loads from the megadrive time.

Sounds like you'd love Disgaea though - and in fact anything by Nippon Ichi, I think thats his name?

Name some for me.

And yeah Disgaea is alright, I played a game called Phantom Brave which was pretty good and quite similar to it on the PS2 but none really are the same. I think I just strive for another Shining Force game tbh haha.

Name some for me.

And yeah Disgaea is alright, I played a game called Phantom Brave which was pretty good and quite similar to it on the PS2 but none really are the same. I think I just strive for another Shining Force game tbh haha.

There was one I played on the mega-drive which was similar I think, where you had to go round recruiting an army. Been trying to remember what the game is called for like 4 years though....

Edit: Just googled, was called Kings Bounty. Isn't really similar, but was a good turn-based game anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Fifa 12 people who watch every pissing replay like a goal from 3 yards 3 times over!!!! i get blank screen on replays and is really annoying!

Fifa 12 playing against real madrid or barcelona, must play these 90% of the time!

Fifa 12 EA sports crappy servers i never ever quit.

Fifa 12 15 mins in to a game people quitting seriously annoying

The other day i was playing fifa 12 some yank scored after 16 minutes, paused changed his formation to 6 3 1 or something, bear defenders and tried to waste time the rest of the game!!! nob head!

Agree with all of them.

Also, on FIFA 12, on mine, when Ashley Cole has the ball, Martin Tyler calls him Joe Cole. Happened last year as well :glare:

Not that it really annoys me, but people on FIFA who realize that they can't score against you and then revert to wasting time until the very end by passing the ball between their defenders.

The fun part is when I actually get to sneak the ball off them with a fast player, only to score again. lol

EDIT:

What I also wonder is how it can be that some people manage to quit a game on FIFA, but I don't get rewarded points at all (all stats stay at 0).

Archived