Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

New Commodore 64

For all the retro fans, this is a revival for Amiga's most popular export back in the 80ies and early 90ies:

http://www.slashgear.com/commodore-revives-amiga-with-powerful-mini-pc-21219457/

Commodore revives Amiga with powerful Mini PC

Rue Liu, Mar 21st 2012 Discuss [3]

thumb_amiga-mini-pc-580x220.jpg

Worth Reading? rating_1_off.gifrating_2_off.gif

-4 [8 votes]

Following the <a href="http://www.slashgear.com/commodore-64-is-back-in-business-07145029/" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-size: 13px; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; list-style-type: none; text-decoration: none; font-style: normal; color: rgb(255, 48, 121); ">revival of the legendary Commodore 64, Commodore USA is now bringing back other historical models with powerful modern-day specs. Today, the company unveiled the Commodore Amiga mini PC as well as a new C64X Supreme, a new VIC mini, and an upgraded VIC-Slim keyboard computer now with HDMI output.

amiga-mini-pc-580x220.jpg

The Commodore Amiga mini takes on minimalist styling with a square aluminum housing with rounded corners. Inside, it packs a powerful Intel Core i7 3.5GHz (3.9GHz with Turbo Boost) quad-core processor, 16GB of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 GPU with its own 1GB of RAM, and a 1TB SATA hard drive. It also sports two WiFi antennae, Bluetooth, a slot-loading Blu-ray drive, and a slew of ports, including four USB 3.0, four USB 2.0, HDMI, DVI, and DisplayPort.

The C64x continues the retro styling that Commodore fans celebrate, but now features Intel’s D2700 dual-core 2.13GHz CPU, 4GB of RAM, NVIDIA’s GeForce GT520 GPU, and comes with a 1 or 3TB hard drive, among other upgraded specs. The VIC mini has the same specs, but is wrapped in the same aluminum housing as the Amiga, while the VIC-Slim does a modern take on the keyboard computer form factor and packs an Intel 2.13GHz dual-core D2700 processor with 2GB of RAM, and a 1TB SATA hard drive

fond memories for me, my first gaming system.

And me.... Particular highlights of mine:

Paperboy

Winter Olympics

Camelot Warrior

Werewolves of London

Nightbeast

World Cup Italia '90

Batman: The Caped Crusader

Dizzy down the rapids

List of most C64 games here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Commodore_64_games:_A-M#B

Shittier games though.

My mate had an Atari 800XL, knocked C64 and the Speccy into a cocked hat.

Speccy classics... Lords of Midnight, Doomdark's Revenge, Dark Sceptre, Rebelstar, Chaos.

Also many games that involved pure speed of processing rather than fancy graphics/sounds, particularly vector graphic games such as Elite and Tomahawk, were much faster on the Spectrum.

Bet you think Amiga was better than the Atari ST! :P

(It was.)

My mate had an Atari 800XL, knocked C64 and the Speccy into a cocked hat.

Speccy classics... Lords of Midnight, Doomdark's Revenge, Dark Sceptre, Rebelstar, Chaos.

Also many games that involved pure speed of processing rather than fancy graphics/sounds, particularly vector graphic games such as Elite and Tomahawk, were much faster on the Spectrum.

Bet you think Amiga was better than the Atari ST! :P

(It was.)

A couple of my mates had the spectrum always thought the game play on the games were inferior and a lot of the graphics too, c64 just had so many great games compared to the zx, believe me if I thought the zx was great I'd of been pleading to my parents to tell santa to get me one.

Thank you Lord Sugar... The Amstrad 6128K! 128 K of Memory :o

My mate had one of those Amstrads. I loved Supersprint on that flipper.

Dizzy, Winter Olympics and Paperbot were great c64 and zx spectrum games :wub: .

There was another game I loved on my spectrum but can't remember the name. Might have been Underworld.

I had a Spectrum and then a Commodore 64 and the latter was superior in pretty much every way apart from the Speccy could handle vector graphics a bit better, which were used by, ooooh, about three games.

When they put a better sound chip and stuck the extra RAM on the post Amstrad takeover ones it evened things up a bit but the crap colour processing on the Spectrum was its achilles heel. Always liked the rubber keypad on the original ones, never understood why they got slagged off like they did.

I quite like the idea of taking some drugs and playing Scuba Dive on a Spectrum even now. I'd go for Ikari Warriors on the C64 and then a bit of Dropzone, which I still reckon is the best game ever made

I had a Spectrum and then a Commodore 64 and the latter was superior in pretty much every way apart from the Speccy could handle vector graphics a bit better, which were used by, ooooh, about three games.

When they put a better sound chip and stuck the extra RAM on the post Amstrad takeover ones it evened things up a bit but the crap colour processing on the Spectrum was its achilles heel. Always liked the rubber keypad on the original ones, never understood why they got slagged off like they did.

I quite like the idea of taking some drugs and playing Scuba Dive on a Spectrum even now. I'd go for Ikari Warriors on the C64 and then a bit of Dropzone, which I still reckon is the best game ever made

I've always liked you.

Ahh the memories, loved Robocop on my 64.

The complete Babs computer history.

Acorn Electron, Commadore 16, Commadore 64, Amiga 500, Sega Master System, Sega Mega Drive, Playstation 1, PS2, Xbox 360, Original iMac (Grape), iMac (20" white flat screen one), iMac (Brand new 21.5").

Ahh the memories, loved Robocop on my 64.

The complete Babs computer history.

Acorn Electron, Commadore 16, Commadore 64, Amiga 500, Sega Master System, Sega Mega Drive, Playstation 1, PS2, Xbox 360, Original iMac (Grape), iMac (20" white flat screen one), iMac (Brand new 21.5").

What. No Nintendo 64!!!! :o..... nintendo-64.jpg:wub:

What. No Nintendo 64!!!! :o..... nintendo-64.jpg:wub:

Nope I was a sega man, my bro was the evil Nintendo owner.

A bit like how I used to collect the good guys from star wars and he got all the bad guys.

Having said that I did buy a gameboy once, but purely because some girl I fancied played on one and I wanted to join in. :D

Spectrum - Amiga 500 - Amiga 1200 - Atari ST - PS One - 486 PC - P75 PC - Sega Dreamcast - Athlon PC - PS2 - Nintendo wii - Athlon II PC - PS3

I have very very fond memories of the Dreamcast. I'd have one again.

Spectrum - Amiga 500 - Amiga 1200 - Atari ST - PS One - 486 PC - P75 PC - Sega Dreamcast - Athlon PC - PS2 - Nintendo wii - Athlon II PC - PS3

I have very very fond memories of the Dreamcast. I'd have one again.

Dreamcast was awesome, well worth picking one up to since you can just download disc images of the games and they just work without having to chip the console. Zero copy protection FTW!

Vic 20 / C64 / Gameboy / Megadrive / Mega CD / PS1 / PS2 / Dreamcast / Gamecube / Xbox / PS3 / PS3slim

:worship:

Mine, for the record:

Vic 20 - Amstrad 6128k - Game Boy - SNES - Gamecube - DS - DSLite - Wii (Plus PC's from 386 upwards)

Oh here we go...

1) Spectrum ZX81, 2) Dragon 32, 3) Apple Mac SE (dads work one), 4) Apple Mac Plus (ours), 5) Apple Mac Performa 400 (LC2) 6) Sega Mega Drive, 7) Shit PC, 8) Playstation 2, 9) Powerbook G4 aluminium 15", 10) iMac 27 (2011)

Still in possession of 1, 2, 4, 5, 8,9,10.... Does that make me a hoarder??

Any by the way that makes me old school Apple not one of them fan boys. ;)

Archived