Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Playstation 4 'Orbis' Due 2013?

I think that PC game programmers are very lazy. As an example I go back a few years to when Worms first came out and minimum spec was a P66 (or something around that ball park) and then when Worms 2 came out about a year or so later, despite being essentially the same game with a few extra units/tricks you needed a P133 to run it. PC game developers invariably make their games to be played on Ultra-ninja machines, and that is understandable, but they should try and occasionally try and keep games playable on average machines too.

The main thing about consoles is that you know you are having the same gaming experience as everyone else. If the screen lags when there's more than five enemies on the screen at once, at least it's not because you skimped on RAM.

It's just a pet peeve :P

I read somewhere that the new Xbox's are rumoured to have 2 gpu's and a hex-core processor. That sounds as if they're going for it. Although obviously the next gen consoles will need a 8-10 year life span going by the current gen.

I don't think a £600 console would fly tbh, I'm not sure enough people would be willing to pay that much. Eg. The gaming PC I mentioned earlier, I bought 6 months ago for around £450 for the rig alone. That includes a very good GPU, 1 Terabyte HDD, very good i5 processor, 8GB RAM and all the other stuff required. I know that's building it myself but Microsoft and Sony will have hard time justifying charging anywhere close to £500 unless they are special consoles with unique features. I'd expect them to ship at around £350-£400 personally.

On another note, I will almost certainly get the next gen consoles unless they look to be a massive flop but I expect i'll wait until at least the first price drop on them.

I herd it was rumoured to have "The Power of two PC's taped together"

By the time if comes out in over a year of course it'll be nowhere near that. It's power is irrelevant to me anyway, if it doesn't allow used games to be played on it and doesn't have backwards compatability I aint paying £300 for it never mind £600

I read somewhere that the new Xbox's are rumoured to have 2 gpu's and a hex-core processor. That sounds as if they're going for it. Although obviously the next gen consoles will need a 8-10 year life span going by the current gen.

Just remember it's made by the same people who claimed the Kinect would be the next big thing in gaming...

Specs sound about right to be honest. It's difficult to find a new gaming pc that hasn’t got dual linked graphics cards and an i7 processor now. Since the development kits have already been sent out for the next generation of consoles, I’d expect the current technology you can get for your pc to be what is in the new consoles when they are finally released. I definatly wouldn’t expect anything particularly mind blowing in them.

With rumours of Sony removing itself from the console market altogether, a move like this would see sales barely break into three figures and a corporation with a recent history of ineptitude and failure getting royally tanked.

There again, there's hardly anyone with a PS3 and PS3 games out there anyway. :whistle:

Frankly Sony went to shit when I left.

If they sell games download only then there's no alternative for the consumer (unless they figure a way to hack it PSP/iPhone style) so they can charge what they like and you have no choice.

Two words.

Market forces.

Unfortunately, most people are sheep.

Can believe the no backwards compatibility happening, it was more of a risk from PS2 to PS3 really, and after a few months most people had forgot about the great games of PS2.

However the no preowned games thing is way more of a risk, but they'd be willing to take it, all they want is money, each new game will be like £40 so that's obviously better than loads of pre owns going for £5 each.

We'll have to wait and see.

Archived