Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicfox

Rocksmith

That is a great idea. I thought of it when I played Guitar Hero, and I thought it would only be a matter of time before someone made something like this. I like Guitar Hero, but I don't think it really makes the player a better guitarist, because the controller isn't similar enough to a guitar. I think if this game takes off, there'll be a lot more good guitarists out there.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've had a quick go at it, had my guitar for years and never really picked it up for longer then a month. I enjoyed when i played it and thought the way it introduces notes when you start to get the hang of it and reduces them when you start to struggle.

My only gripe is that I won't get much of a chance to play it as i usually have to wait until the kids are in bed before i can have a go, which is then too late to start making a noise. Which isn't the games fault but still a shame.

At the moment i can't see it helping you learn guitar but more just picking up a song and learning by repitition. But, still early days so it might teach you more further in the game

Good idea, would the guitar strumming still be loud though?

Thanks, have a great new year

Mines electric so not loud for me.

As for DLC being expensive i dont think so, if its about 240 pts for a song it could take weeks(for me anyway) to master that song so you get good value. I have downloaded a few and one of them and 1 appeared in my career thingy as an encore which is good.

Got my setup from here:

http://www.gear4music.com/Music_Software/Ubisoft.html?tmcampid=17&tmad=c&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=rocksmith&utm_campaign=2012+Optim+-+Rocksmith&utm_content=sOg3umd2O_pcrid_25718695399_plid__kword_rocksmith_match_e_

DLC is here:

http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-GB/downloads/index.aspx

Archived