Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adam1

HELP laptop hijacked/hacked

lol

You'll be recommending AOL Online next.

coming from someone that didnt understand its best to run an av and malwarebytes together i dont think il lose sleep over your opinion on products.. ;)

coming from someone that didnt understand its best to run an av and malwarebytes together i dont think il lose sleep over your opinion on products.. ;)

You shouldnt have to do that if you have a decent anti-virus suite to start with, y'know something that isnt norton antivirus... ;)

You shouldnt have to do that if you have a decent anti-virus suite to start with, y'know something that isnt norton antivirus... ;)

funny that as they work best together,, the AV will work best with a virus hence ANTI VIRUS and the other will work best on spyware, MALWARE etc hence MALWARE bytes.. but then again coming from someone who suggests formatting is the best option to remove something what do you expect. ;)

I wipe my hard dive with dban. Re installed windows. Set firewall to maximum. Sat and waited.

Nothing. Then something similar happens. Pulling out my internet connection stopped the crazy stuff. Firefox also closes.

A couple of things make me belive that this isn't a virus/rat/trojan after all. I'm thinking its a bug. My laptop is quite old and it was on for a number of hours when the latest issue happened. My securtity settings can only be described as 'ultra paranoid' and nothing showed up. I have experienced problems with this laptop before when things stop working (when watching videos for example on youtube - java) because its been on a while and gets hot/overworked.

I am therefore thinking that it could just be that. I shall be watching it though closely.

The only way to be sure of removing something malicious is to reformat but usually you can get away without doing that.

Good surfing habits are far more effective than AV software though.

Someone explain to me and other Mac/Linux users what this virus, worm and spy stuff is all about?

It all sounds very exciting and I should very much like to get some for my computer but unfortunately I haven't come across one for over four years now.

funny that as they work best together,, the AV will work best with a virus hence ANTI VIRUS and the other will work best on spyware, MALWARE etc hence MALWARE bytes.. but then again coming from someone who suggests formatting is the best option to remove something what do you expect. ;)

You've got way too much trust in the software you use to 'clean' your pc. If you got some malicious software on your pc that was stealing your bank details, you'd have to be a complete idiot to think that these anti malware programs would get rid of every trace of it off your pc.

You've got way too much trust in the software you use to 'clean' your pc. If you got some malicious software on your pc that was stealing your bank details, you'd have to be a complete idiot to think that these anti malware programs would get rid of every trace of it off your pc.

hold on, according to you you dont even need them if you use a "proper" av..

and i put the trust in MYSELF. i can clean an infected pc, done it many a time, no need on my own pc as i use common sense also, one of the best part of defences going..

Someone explain to me and other Mac/Linux users what this virus, worm and spy stuff is all about?

It all sounds very exciting and I should very much like to get some for my computer but unfortunately I haven't come across one for over four years now.

Well trojans come in all shapes and sizes. One is called Flashback and its found on Macs....

I was using Linux and I moved back to a windows os about a month ago.

Archived