Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

New free ZoneAlarm Anti Virus

Any good though?

I've used avast (free) for the past few years but my registration has just expired and when I go to register it simply won't work - having looked on a few forums it seems like I'm not the only one having problems re-registering. Tried to get round it by requesting a new license key (reckons they email it within 24 hours) but 5 days later and I'm still waiting. :angry: Bit pissed off as I've always been happy with the program.

So, I've gone elsewhere and downloaded Avira... does anyone have any experience of this? Should I stick with it or get something else?

Any good though?

I've used avast (free) for the past few years but my registration has just expired and when I go to register it simply won't work - having looked on a few forums it seems like I'm not the only one having problems re-registering. Tried to get round it by requesting a new license key (reckons they email it within 24 hours) but 5 days later and I'm still waiting. :angry: Bit pissed off as I've always been happy with the program.

So, I've gone elsewhere and downloaded Avira... does anyone have any experience of this? Should I stick with it or get something else?

avg free is ok

Shame its slow as ****.

Avast or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is decent.

or?? you would be better running the 2 together as avast is AV where as malware is as it says malware, spyware etc..

Ok, but given the fact that Avast won't let me re-register, can I have a recommendation other than Avast, please? :rolleyes::P

Compared to your sourceless post decrying one of the best free and most highly rated resources out there? Yep.

lol.

go to any forum where pcs are discussed and see what recommendations people suggest..

it will be an AV like avast AND malwarebytes.. they run TOGETHER to get the best outcome..

if you want to just use Avast because Avast tells you to then by all means go ahead.

Ok, but given the fact that Avast won't let me re-register, can I have a recommendation other than Avast, please? :rolleyes::P

MSE used to be highly recomended but ive not used it recently so dont know how its stands up still.. would try another email or something though with Avast as seems to be the most popular of the free ones currently

I use Microsoft Security Essentials. Great, free and never had any problems with it.

Archived