Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Apparently my internet is TOO good for this game , hence why i am almost always the Host as it searches for the best connection.

This game is definitely screwed up, i was ranging from scores like 30-5/40-7 last night for the first 5 games or so, getting high streaks, then it changed.Every game after that i was lucky to break even (I look every game who is the host, and mostly its me)

I can guarantee 100% when a host migration happens, i end up being the NEW host, its getting laughable, and there is no way to stop it happening.Its a ****ing Joke

I still dont understand why you lot play this. MW3 is vastly superior.

Because we're all entitled to our opinions?

No/inefficient spawn killing in MW3, therefore it's crap.

Next.

This is why this game is screwed up

I swear that's happened to me many times. The worst thing about lag compensation is when you're being shot at so you run behind a building but according to the kill cam you were about 10 feet behind what was displayed on your screen so never had hope of actually getting into cover.

Wait, you think spawn killing is a good thing? BO2 is cartoonish, unbalanced and the maps are terrible.

Absolutely, and I'm not afraid to admit it. Read my previous posts.

It's a genius thing, especially when, like me, you know how to exploit it to maximum efficiency.

Kids complain because they don't know how to counter it and get mad. Not my fault the creators don't fix it year upon year.

It's a genius thing, especially when, like me, you know how to exploit it to maximum efficiency.

Kids complain because they don't know how to counter it and get mad. Not my fault the creators don't fix it year upon year.

I'm sorry, but if you condone spawn killing, you're still a kid in the eyes of every mature gamer out there. "Not my fault the creators don't fix it" isn't an excuse to play unsportsmanlike. Just as bad an excuse as "but he's doing it" which a kid I babysit occasionally trots out whenever I tell him not to grief people on minecraft. Yes the coding allows for it, but sometimes you have to apply your own restrictions and not demand that the game nannies you every step of the way if people want you to do the decent thing.

I'm sorry, but if you condone spawn killing, you're still a kid in the eyes of every mature gamer out there. "Not my fault the creators don't fix it" isn't an excuse to play unsportsmanlike. Just as bad an excuse as "but he's doing it" which a kid I babysit occasionally trots out whenever I tell him not to grief people on minecraft. Yes the coding allows for it, but sometimes you have to apply your own restrictions and not demand that the game nannies you every step of the way if people want you to do the decent thing.

lol.

Honestly? I don't really care what you think. I play the game to enjoy it. I enjoy spawn killing. Problem? Go play a different game mode.

In case you haven't noticed. There's no such thing as a mature gamer in the real world any more. Mature gamers died out long ago when MLG and Virgin Gaming was introduced.

lol.

Honestly? I don't really care what you think. I play the game to enjoy it. I enjoy spawn killing. Problem? Go play a different game mode.

In case you haven't noticed. There's no such thing as a mature gamer in the real world any more. Mature gamers died out long ago when MLG and Virgin Gaming was introduced.

Thank you for making my point for me. :rolleyes:

What the hell are you on about? They fixed it with MW3.

Because we're all entitled to our opinions?

No/inefficient spawn killing in MW3, therefore it's crap.

Next.

Also, I never said you wern't entitled to your own opinions. If you get enjoyment out of BO2 then i'm happy you're happy. I'm allowed to not understand it though. My opinion

is that I don't get why people play BO2 when they got it so, so right in MW3.

i hate the stupid lag compensation......

one game when i was host i went 98-3

the very next game i went 24-12 because of lag compensation

(its when if you have good internet connection the oppisite player see's you on his tv first.....)

i hate the stupid lag compensation......

one game when i was host i went 98-3

the very next game i went 24-12 because of lag compensation

(its when if you have good internet connection the oppisite player see's you on his tv first.....)

????

I doubt when you went 98-3 you was Host, its the opposite way around.Being the Host has NO advantage, unlike some of the previous series

I've not got Black Ops 2 yet.

Is it worth it? I like realism. Obviously there is only so much realism you can have in a game set in the future so what I really mean is, is it believable?

I don't like the look of the vid above, it looks a bit kiddy.

Is it worth it? I like realism. Obviously there is only so much realism you can have in a game set in the future so what I really mean is, is it believable?

It's the least 'realistic' cod yet. It looks very cartoonish and the gameplay is more quake-like. Utter shit to summarise.

I wouldn't class Call of Duty as realistic but Black Ops 2 is as "believable" as any other game in the series - the foreseeable future setting isn't overdone and most of the weaponry and aircraft is basically what exists today, or more technologically advanced variants thereof. If you can stand a game hating you, it's definitely worth it. For me though I've just recently tired of the series after playing too much for 5 years and am now going back through my collection to play games I formerly neglected.

Currently playing Mirror's Edge. I can't believe I never finished this when I first bought it, it's bleddy fantastic

I've had a big gap from gaming.

I had a PlayStation 1 when I was about 20 and apart from strategy games on the PC, I didn't bother with consoles until recently.

We bought a Wii to play as a family and someone bought me Call of Duty on that. Because I liked that so much, my daughter and her boyfriend bought me a PlayStation 3 two Christmases ago and I've got all the Call of Duties except the new one.

For an old bloke, I'm not too bad !!

If you like the series, Black Ops 2 is definitely one of the better ones (on the whole). Interesting ideas with the Campaign mode (multiple endings, branching storyline) and the multiplayer is quite slick with a good class system that lets you experiment more than the older games. There seems to be a lot more experts playing these days though - don't be surprised if you have long spells on the multiplayer where nothing goes your way!

Think that's what has put me off. I used to have sessions on MW/MW2/MW3/BO1 where I felt untouchable and would butcher the opposition all day long. Now I get killed twice in a row and just think "this is no longer worth my time" - but that's just me. It's still a really good game, despite a lot of people being so vocal about hating it.

If you hate the idea of this quick scoping bullcrap with snipe rifles, players with LMG's with Target finders (basically players who sit and camp and look down the scope, and fire when a little diamond shows up showing your position), shot guns that are ridiculously accurate and overpowered, and a hand gun that can out-gun a smg then this game is not for you.

If you can put up with that and learn to deal with it then its ok, but i would presume you would get pretty pissed with it as have most of the other people that play it, as imo, its sometimes unplayable due to lag compensation and poor camera angles.

I have learnt to accept it for what it is, and still kinda of enjoy it

I do find i leave most games these days when things are not going my way, (i am pretty decent at it most of the time)

Now i have resorted to playing search and destroy and just using a ballistic knife

I like the idea that storylines can vary according to what you do. I've always wanted to plan an operation before you execute it, so battles in campaign mode required more tactical thinking, rather than following a set out plan.

I hate quick scoping with a vengeance. I don't see the point of making things as realistic looking as possible and then making the use of something so unrealistic. I also used to only play hardcore because I don't like the idea you can run off your bullet wounds! lol

I don't like losing either. If I'm not in the top three, I'm not a happy bunny. I'm glad I'm not the only one who rage-quits though!

All in all, I think I will buy it if I see it for £20.

Archived