Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

I'm frustrated with BLOPS2 now, not just the lag, the overpowered "lesser" weapons and the ****ING quickscopers, but now everyone knows all the maps too well and there's nowhere to run and hide to get your bearings and check the map or plan a tactic. Wherever you go, either run-n-gun or snipe, there's some little bastard gonna get you in the back.

All much worse on TDM too.

That's purely because the spawn system is so ****ed.

This video sums up this game when your the Host

sub to this guy also, his vids are pretty good

He is a decent player, and the gameplay shows how different it can when your not the host, and then after, when it host migrates and you are the host

My games are pretty much like this all the time, i am not kidding you

• 2 weeks later...

How do you know when you are the host? Is there a symbol or something?

Sorry I'm a bit of a grey gamer!

when the game starts, choose your loadout then hit the button which shows up the two teams (select) (you got to be quick) The Host is the player with the 4 green bars first

Also i think the timer starts at 14 (not tested this)

check this for more bullcrap

he has some tips for XBOX users in this video, something about the console sending out both wireless and wired signals out interfering with each other

• 2 months later...

Wow, this game is absolutely terrible. They're really not even trying any more, are they?

We finally picked this up a couple of weeks ago and I've been off sick the last few days, so I've been getting to grips with it. My flatmate and I have played COD 4, MW2, Black Ops, the Battlefield games and now this. We've been pretty good at most without ever being consistently excellent, we got in to free for all a lot in the first Black Ops and we could comfortably guarantee we'd be in the top two in most lobbies without ever really running away with it. And I should stress, neither of us are terrible at this either. We kill more than we die, we win in some lobbies, we're not quite good enough in others. That's okay. I'm not ranting because I'm not as good anymore I'm ranting because the game's just so cheap.

I expected to just transition in to this much the same as I did between MW2 and Blops but it just feels worlds apart. The pacing's insane, there's an emphasis on SMGs that's even more immense than even the last title, the spawning in FFA is so awful it should be a Trading Standards issue, there seems to be a real lack of diversity in the map types and - worst of all - they've brought back quickscoping.

Ugh.

I just don't get it. They took it out in Black Ops and it made such a difference, I thought a fairly positive one, why would you opt to bring it back again? I know that, for the most part, Call of Duty doesn't take itself overly seriously as a "realistic" war simulation any more but surely if you're going to put time and effort in to making a game full of largely balanced guns with largely obvious uses then part of that is making sniping a challenging but rewarding ranged experience? 

You find a good spot, you scope for a mark and you pop it. 

I find it hard to blame the thirteen year old little boys who are running around doing it because gaming has largely taught me that if something's viable and successful then people are going to do it. The onus should be on the creators to take what's essentially an abuse of the game's mechanics away. The argument against will be that it's popular, look at all those YouTube videos, etc. But it's only popular because they accidentally made it so effective. 

Went on this for the first time in ages, was beasting on Kill confirmed but agree they have ruined the DSR

I dont use it much to be honest, what difference has the nerf made?

quickscoping and drag scoping is bullshit in my eyes, the aim assist is just ridiculous if you get it right and are good at it, as I will admit, it takes some skill to be decent at it, of which I am not

shotguns need sorting aswell, so many times i have had hit markers galore,only to choke a high kill streak and get pawned by a random shotgun blast. You can unload half a clip, and still get killed first

lol. it needs more of a nerf imo, quickscoping should be taken out of the game, and be more like black ops 1

Why? It is just an element of the game. Personally I dislike shotguns because I am terrible with them, but I don't want to get rid of them because the people that are good with them will miss out.

Why? It is just an element of the game. Personally I dislike shotguns because I am terrible with them, but I don't want to get rid of them because the people that are good with them will miss out.

if you are bad at using shotguns, then i dunno, its one of the easiest guns to use to get cheap kills, with quickdraw and laser sight, they are ridiculous

I dunno what they did though, i am always going positive score, as i never seem to pull host nowadays

Its just the bullshit elements of the game i dont like, running around the corner with a smg and unloading half a clip then, getting quickscoped  or no scoped by a sniper is just bullcrap

I'm sorry but quickscoping can't be defended. I don't really blame the people that do it, people play to win and if it's viable they'll do it.

But it's a shambles that Treyarch put it back in. Sniping should be challenging but rewarding. Snipers should be the slowest guns to bring up and should receive no aiming assistance but should be devastating when gotten right.

If that cuts down the amount of people using them by 70% then so be it, how many snipers are there on any real battlefield?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think COD should be the most realistic game in the world and I'm one of the few COD4 players that preferred the last BLOPS to the original Modern Warfare because it was more up tempo and because it could never compete with ARMA for realism so it shouldn't try. It shouldn't even try competing with Battlefield.

But it SHOULD bring it's sniping more in line with BF because, frankly, at the moment its just stupid. It isn't recognizably sniping as per ANY other understanding of the word at all.

I've had every Call of Duty game since CoD 4 and I will go on them from time to time but my time of buying Call of Dutys is over, don't get much enjoyment out of playing anymore. I won't be buying the new one for PS4.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived