Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
broughtonblue

Footie game for iPhone/iPod touch

I can't seem to move at the end of the season, just freezes on me. Happened like 5 times. Tried staying at my club and moving to a new one and it always happens. Any ideas?

This happens to me now, can't get passed first season, really pissed off! Even tried deleting and re installing but no good. Gone from being very happy from my op, to pissed off! Still at least I'm getting some early nights now!

Reading the reviews seems like loads of people suffering with the same

Being a bit OCD I can't leave this game until i've completed all of the 'achievements'. Just need 'purchase all properties', 'achieve 100% lifestyle rating' and 'play for ten seasons'.

The addiction has worn off a bit but just gotta see it to the end now. :ldn2012:

Year 9

422 apps

378 goals

30 hat tricks

219 assists

144 star man

Average rating 7.5

Having just won the Premier League with Arsenal (winning every game) along with the FA Cup, League Cup and Champions League followed by the World Cup with England, I've transfered to Leicester.

Season five I think. I'm 21.

297 games

160 goals

170 assists

66 star man

Got to the Europa League final and won the FA cup with Bolton before taking a big money move to Man City.

Being a bit OCD I can't leave this game until i've completed all of the 'achievements'. Just need 'purchase all properties', 'achieve 100% lifestyle rating' and 'play for ten seasons'.

The addiction has worn off a bit but just gotta see it to the end now. :ldn2012:

Did you see the Olympic torch yesterday? St Austell was packed!

Did you see the Olympic torch yesterday? St Austell was packed!

Yep. Went up to Rosudgeon (just past Marazion) to watch it go by. Kids loved it and got loads of free Olympic tat. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this email from Si Read (the game designer/creator) - looks like he's finally getting the recognition he deserves!

Reviews, interviews & *gasp* news

Following on from the theme of last month's newsletter, New Star Soccer mobile continues to set the world alight, garnering rave reviews from everyone that comes into contact with the game - even non-football fans! Twitter is alight with people calling the game a drug, and they can't kick the habit! It is currently the no.1 iPhone sports game in the UK and after witnessing its rise up the charts even the great Edge-Online asked me for an interview. (I know, little old me, plugging away for 10 years and I finally get a break!) I also did an interview for the JoyPod podcast, so you can actually hear me talk about NSS!

Edge-Online Interview

JoyPod podcast

But it's not just Edge showing an interest. Reviews are coming in thick and fast, all positive, and the national newspapers are even picking up on the game. For the full list of reviews head over to newstarsoccer.com but here is a brief round-up:

Eurogamer - App of the Day

"The best football game on mobile and tablets."

Gametrailers - App of the Day

"It's an essential download."

Kotaku - App of the Day

"The perfect marriage of quickplay phone game,

football management sim and RPG."

PocketGamer - Gold Award

"You'll suffer the highs and lows of its simply presented matches

with the grin of a true addict plastered across your face." 9/10

The Telegraph

"It's a wonderful little game but it will eat your life."4.5/5

The Sun

"A pristine game." 5/5

The Sunday Times

"So engrossing you'll be playing until your

phone battery dies." 5/5

Steam

In other exciting news, New Star Soccer 5 is coming to Steam on PC and Mac! With just 8 days to go until the Euros kick off I am frantically trying to prepare everything in time. I will reveal more details when I can but I am hoping that existing customers will be able to get activation keys for the Steam version.

And finally...

You may think that with all this success for NSS I am having a good year. Well life couldn't be better because on April 19th my wife Lucy gave birth to a beautiful bonny boy, weighing in at 9lbs 1oz! Needless to say, the lack of sleep is having an effect on production but I honestly couldn't be happier

Got this for Android and it has totally taken over from FM handheld. Quick fun and addictive everything a phone game should be.

So far for me it's been Guiseley, Corby and now Rotherham.

The game has so much charm and love the little touches like negotiating contracts.

Got this app last week and I am addicted I was on until midnight last night! 203games, 131goals, 74assists 6.6average rating.

Just signed for leicester after turning down 5 premier leaguse clubs :scarf:

Won everything and got bored. I could play as awful as I wanted, and my team would still score enough goals to win. Started a new career but still bored so I've stopped playing now!

Was worth the 69p for the couple of weeks or so of enjoyment I got out of it :D

Got this app last week and I am addicted I was on until midnight last night! 203games, 131goals, 74assists 6.6average rating.

Just signed for leicester after turning down 5 premier leaguse clubs :scarf:

Decided to sign for United

Archived