Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

This could be good...real good.

sphericalfox - pleasing the world with outstandingly good new TV series trailers since... like, the pre-historic days.

I remember watching the feature film when I was a kid and it was outright scary, left a permanent impression on me. An eerie movie with somewhat outdated effects, but I'd rather have good actors and hand-made prosthetics over "stars" and CGI.

Looking forward to the TV series, I do hope it'll catch the spirit of the movie well enough.

The gf suggested watching the very first episode of "Hustle" last evening. I enjoyed it - in parts. I just thought the constant use of a soundtrack somehow tried to divert too much from the plot.

And some of the casting choices felt a bit odd. I would've loved to see more backstory to each protagonist, giving the series a more subtle approach.

Was watching an episodes of Game of Thrones last nigh and this conversation between Jon Snow and a captured enemy girl came up. It went something like this.

GIRL.So if you are not allowed to have sex in the Night Watch with women do you do it to each other

Jon No

GIRL Do you do it to yourself then?

JON No

GIRL Do you keep sheep on the battlements?

Its not an exact quote but I have put it in a spoiler anyway.

It made me a smile a little and thinkof FT.

Any you guys watch Ray Donovan? Been watching it on and off for the last two seasons thinking of starting season 3. Is it any good? 

I'm enjoying it. It's just a soap opera really but it has that male fantasy thing going for it. A cool, unflustered, good looking thug that's irresistible to women. It's how we'd all like to imagine ourselves. 

• Like 1

Any you guys watch Ray Donovan? Been watching it on and off for the last two seasons thinking of starting season 3. Is it any good? 

Ray Donovan is fantastic.

I'm enjoying it. It's just a soap opera really but it has that male fantasy thing going for it. A cool, unflustered, good looking thug that's irresistible to women. It's how we'd all like to imagine ourselves. 

Perfectly put. 

I well wish I was Ray. I would even like to be Mickey. 

Season 7 of SOA now. Can't think of a series which I didn't enjoy or part of the plot which I didn't enjoy. 

Shame there's no more after this season :(. Any ideas on what to watch after? I've heard Narcos is meant to be pretty decent.

Also, I know there was a lot of surprise by some having found out that Otto was Kurt Sutter, who is the producer of the whole programme.

But I've just found out Katey Sagal (Gemma) has been married to him since 2004!

Edited by StanSP

Just started season two. Only saw the first. Will try and watch more over the weekend. Finished season 2 of Games of Thrones. Bit hard to follow at times  but enjoying it. Might even go back to the first book I had put aside. It may be slightly different but I will understand the characters. Could start again as I had only got a few chapters. Remember where they found the cub wolves but not much after that.

emotional

thought it was the last ever episode till the last 5mins!! cannot wait till it returns.

reckon they will end the whole "mike ross fraud" storyline now

I read an interview with the producer and they've said they think they will go to season 8

So I haven't downloaded the new true detectives series yet. 

Are people saying it's a waste of my time or just not the same as season 1?

The dialogue is appalling, especially Vince Vaughn's, it sails very close to pretentiousness at times but the action, when there is any, is very good..

Kelly Reilly doesn't get her kit off either.

Edited by Webbo

Any one seen Dexter? I've just watched The Following and am now really keen on watching more serial killer style series but noticed it's like nearly 100 episodes long. Would rather not make such a big commitment if it starts good and then becomes dreadful.