Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Just watched what I think was the first episode of Fargo series 2, Kirsten Dunst hit a deer in it... Anyway does it follow on from series one or is it like American Horror Story, just that I didn't recognise anyone who I saw in the trailers for series 1?

It has nothing to do with series 1, apart from being located in the same place.

Series 1 was excellent & series 2 is warming up nicely.  Not sure what the alien stuff is about, but enjoying it so far

Just watched what I think was the first episode of Fargo series 2, Kirsten Dunst hit a deer in it... Anyway does it follow on from series one or is it like American Horror Story, just that I didn't recognise anyone who I saw in the trailers for series 1?

I think it's a prequel, featuring an incident that was mentioned in the first series. I think the policeman s daughter is the policewoman from the first series.

• Like 1

I think it's a prequel, featuring an incident that was mentioned in the first series. I think the policeman s daughter is the policewoman from the first series.

I never realised this, but looking into it, you're right.  Lou Solverson in series 1 explains why he left the force, what he called the 'Sioux Falls Massacre' & described it as "savagery, pure & simple".  Sounds promising

Watched the first episode of "Narcos" yesterday. Looks promising and maintains a good pace and tension right from the start. The late 70ies and 80ies are captured almost perfectly.

I bet Smuts would make a great extra or work out a great appearance with dialogue - it's all about the moustachios! :D

Two episodes into the last season of SOA. Could have nearly finished if I hadn't listened to the game.  Another  two or three now  anyway. Liked the version of Bohemian Rhapsody that was played. I was looking to see if there were any downloads but  none were free. Saw season 1-4. May look again after I finish watching so not to see any spoilers.

I wonder who will be next to go? Don't say.

Watched the first episode of "Narcos" yesterday. Looks promising and maintains a good pace and tension right from the start. The late 70ies and 80ies are captured almost perfectly.

I bet Smuts would make a great extra or work out a great appearance with dialogue - it's all about the moustachios! :D

I would blend in a treat - I just need to learn Spanish!

Watched the 1st (only?) series of Bosch. Alright but no great shakes. Lead character is far too likeable when compared to the books where he just does his own thing and doesn't GAF. 

Tried the first episode of The Bridge (US version). Lead female character can't act or was trying too hard - I won't watch any more of that.

Ray Donovan - first season - some great acting - particularly voight , enjoyable series, am downloading season 2 and hoping it stays decent.

Have downloaded 1st 2 of the last kingdom - is it any good?

Also new season of Homeland - I haven't seen any comments on it here - as enjoyable as before or not?

Ray Donovan - first season - some great acting - particularly voight , enjoyable series, am downloading season 2 and hoping it stays decent.

I'm on season three and still enjoying it. Whilst ray is the main Character I'd say the stories around the others are now the main focus and much more interesting. I'm sure they will all come together at the end for Ray to sort them all out.

Voight is brilliant in it.

Just got around to the S2 True detective. Read so much bad press on here that I nearly didn't bother.

Really enjoyed eps1 and not disappointed in eps2. I guess it must go downhill badly from here or maybe people were not watching it for what it is and were hoping it'd be an S1 ripoff.

To be honest I thought first 3 eps were weak but it was really good from there. I think most people struggled with the first half of the season. So if you're enjoying that, I'm sure you'll like the rest :)

Had to go back to see TWD from the start again after the recent series shenanigans. Sophia coming out of the barn as a walker is still so brutal.

Spoiler?

What tv series can i watch next? Just finished sons of anarchy and need something new. Seen thzt, breaking bad, better call saul, wentworth and prison break recently too so something along similar lines? Thanks

Fargo.

What tv series can i watch next? Just finished sons of anarchy and need something new. Seen that, breaking bad, better call saul, wentworth and prison break recently too so something along similar lines? Thanks

The Wire

What tv series can i watch next? Just finished sons of anarchy and need something new. Seen that, breaking bad, better call saul, wentworth and prison break recently too so something along similar lines? Thanks

Dexter?