Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Let us know what your final view or opinion is please. Cant decide myself but all very shocking

I think the whole point that you can't decide shows that something is majorly wrong.

Edited by Costock_Fox

Let us know what your final view or opinion is please. Cant decide myself but all very shocking

I found it incredible. I'll put my thoughts in a spoiler in case anyone hasn't watched yet:

I thought at the time the trial was unfolding and still think now that Avery is innocent. As well as Dassey, too. I was dumbfounded that Dassey was found guilty on all 3 counts on the basis of a seriously blatant coerced confession. 

It doesn't make sense to me that the courts/jury believe wholeheartedly that there was some wrongdoing. Some things strike out to me which should have worked in Steven's favour i.e. the lack of blood in the bedroom after someone's throat was supposedly slit; the lack of focus on a firearm that was allegedly used but never brought up (only bullets and shellcasings); the inconsistencies of the investigations as a whole and the corruption of the 2 special agents Fassbender and Weigert; the mystery surrounding the test tube of blood which appeared tampered with). It's as if to me so many questions were unanswered and the media representation and court's perspective of Steven Avery already determined his outcome. There's also the speed at which the FBI seemingly got the EDTA test results back. It always seemed to me that the people who the State relied upon for evidence in the witness stand were hiding something, in both Avery and Dassey cases.

It staggered me that the judges continued to refuse Brendan the right to a re-trial despite being totally fuched over by Kachinsky. After such strong involvement by that lawyer and Michael O'Kelly it would have swayed Brendan so much. Take them away and there'd be next to nothing left for the State to work with yet they still refused a retrial. There was very little focus on the knife supposedly used by Dassey especially after he allegedly 'mutilated a corpse' I believe that was one of the things he got charged and convicted for yet where was the evidence that he did it. And there was absolutely no shred of DNA placing Dassey at the scene of the crime/death so how can he be found guilty of the charges he faced?

I feel like there's a huge injustice done to both, especially in Dassey's case. And especially when you consider his learning disability. You can't really imagine how he felt in all those times he was questioned and forced in to confessing something he didn't do even though he had told them what I believe to be the truth.

I found it incredible. I'll put my thoughts in a spoiler in case anyone hasn't watched yet:

I thought at the time the trial was unfolding and still think now that Avery is innocent. As well as Dassey, too. I was dumbfounded that Dassey was found guilty on all 3 counts on the basis of a seriously blatant coerced confession. 

It doesn't make sense to me that the courts/jury believe wholeheartedly that there was some wrongdoing. Some things strike out to me which should have worked in Steven's favour i.e. the lack of blood in the bedroom after someone's throat was supposedly slit; the lack of focus on a firearm that was allegedly used but never brought up (only bullets and shellcasings); the inconsistencies of the investigations as a whole and the corruption of the 2 special agents Fassbender and Weigert; the mystery surrounding the test tube of blood which appeared tampered with). It's as if to me so many questions were unanswered and the media representation and court's perspective of Steven Avery already determined his outcome. There's also the speed at which the FBI seemingly got the EDTA test results back. It always seemed to me that the people who the State relied upon for evidence in the witness stand were hiding something, in both Avery and Dassey cases.

It staggered me that the judges continued to refuse Brendan the right to a re-trial despite being totally fuched over by Kachinsky. After such strong involvement by that lawyer and Michael O'Kelly it would have swayed Brendan so much. Take them away and there'd be next to nothing left for the State to work with yet they still refused a retrial. There was very little focus on the knife supposedly used by Dassey especially after he allegedly 'mutilated a corpse' I believe that was one of the things he got charged and convicted for yet where was the evidence that he did it. And there was absolutely no shred of DNA placing Dassey at the scene of the crime/death so how can he be found guilty of the charges he faced?

I feel like there's a huge injustice done to both, especially in Dassey's case. And especially when you consider his learning disability. You can't really imagine how he felt in all those times he was questioned and forced in to confessing something he didn't do even though he had told them what I believe to be the truth.

Totally agree with all of this having now finished the series.

How the jury were able to find them both guility beyond reasonable doubt is beyond me, because there was simply too much doubt there. I'm not saying it was definitely a setup, but you seriously can't say there was enough certainty there to return a guilty verdict for both of them.

The behaviour of some of the jurors (refusing to budge or deliberate) was nasty too.

Tell you something...if and when I do move to the US if I get picked up for any crime at all I know for damn sure the only words I'm going to say to the fuzz are "Get my laywer."

Joined the Making a Murderer bandwagon.

On Episode 4. Frightening how the police can manipulate information and individuals who are vulnerable.

Such a well put together series. You know they've done a great job when you find yourself getting angry and rushing to get the next episode on to see what's going to unfold.

TV gold last night on CBB with Angie Bowie telling one of the housemates that David had died of cancer and the housemates thinking it was David Guest as he was in bed sleeping as he had felt unwell lol

Making a Murderer is fantastic, as has been mentioned. Honestly, if you have a Netflix account I thoroughly recommend giving it your attention. If you don't then it's worth using the thirty day free trial to give it a watch. To anybody who has seen that and enjoyed it, I'll point you in the direction of 'Paradise Lost'. It's a three part documentary over twenty years (I think) surrounding the case of 'The West Memphis Three'. All parts are on YouTube, or were, if any have been copyright stricken.

*Disclaimer;

'Paradise Lost' is quite a bit more graphic in terms of the evidence you see and the details broadcast. Just something to bare in mind if you're considering watching it. It takes a fair amount to make my stomach turn, but parts of that do. Though I maintain that it's extremely interesting.

Edited by FoxCal

Just  watched the first  two ep of Making a Murderer. I thought it was going to be different stories so watched the second to see what happened. 3am   and the rest will have to wait. Can't see the point of fitting someone up. Just seems a lot of trouble to go to but police had access to his house without him there. I thought that was illegal. I'll say no more  or want to know more until I have seen further episodes. Had a problem finding a stream. Thought it was on Putlocker but it isn't there now. Found it on one of the add ons on Kodi so hopefully will find it again.