Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Just watched the first two episodes of Limitless. Good so far, good follow on from the film (which I thought was very good as well).

Like how Bradly Cooper makes an appearance as well, good to see more development of his character.

Liked the film, found the 1st episode slightly cheesy but will keep watching.

Guest CityFan 06

I keep seeing advertisements on the TV for the new series of Person of Interest, worth noting if any of you are interested in that show. I've watched it a few times on and off. Here's some links to articles I found about the show: http://tvline.com/2016/01/12/person-of-interest-season-5-premiere-date/      http://www.returndates.com/news.php?id=612  

As you can see from the second link, as I understand this will be it's last series.

Edited by LeicsFox06

Just watched the pilot episode  of 11-22-63. A man is shown a portal to the past. He goes back to try and prevent the JFK assassination. It is based ona Stephen King novel which I have somewhere and had started to read. It is not bad. He  is following Oswald about but  interfering with the past is not going well.

So I generally struggle with US to shows, IMO they tend to be a bit slow and go on far too long and I've never seen one all the way through. I enjoyed the first 2 seasons of prison break, but then they ruined it and I don't even know how it ended, I never got into the likes of lost, 24 or heroes, homeland got boring so was never finished and after enjoying season 1 and 2 of the walking dead I never got back into series 3 or beyond!

But having watched and loved making a murderer (only 10 episodes and a documentary) I thought I'd finally give breaking bad a go (5 series!!!) since everyone I know says it's the best thing ever.

So I've watched the first 3 episodes and it's ok, but it really hasn't shown me why it's the best thing ever to be on TV, so I'm wondering, does it get loads better after another episode or 2, or am I back to how I tend to feel with US shows - bored!

So I generally struggle with US to shows, IMO they tend to be a bit slow and go on far too long and I've never seen one all the way through. I enjoyed the first 2 seasons of prison break, but then they ruined it and I don't even know how it ended, I never got into the likes of lost, 24 or heroes, homeland got boring so was never finished and after enjoying season 1 and 2 of the walking dead I never got back into series 3 or beyond!

But having watched and loved making a murderer (only 10 episodes and a documentary) I thought I'd finally give breaking bad a go (5 series!!!) since everyone I know says it's the best thing ever.

So I've watched the first 3 episodes and it's ok, but it really hasn't shown me why it's the best thing ever to be on TV, so I'm wondering, does it get loads better after another episode or 2, or am I back to how I tend to feel with US shows - bored!

Try True Detective instead - short, bitter, dark and with some mystery to it. Also doesn't rely on too much action or SFX.

After 3 episodes of breaking bad I felt the same as you, wasn't really bothered 1 way or another. Give it another 2 episodes and I'll bet you're hooked.

Watch Fargo as well, excellent series.

Watched the first episode of Dexter. Was not sure what to expect. He's not a nice man really. Had homicidal tendencies as a child and his father advised him to use them to by taking out the bad guys. Ah well so that makes it OK then?

Great series

What the hell was that shite excuse for an X-Files last night?! I'm sure someone on here said that episode 3 was meant to be brilliant? It was abysmal.

Agreed,absolute garbage

Just watched the final episode. Awful decision to bring it back. I'm sure it got high viewership, but the whole season was pretty much terrible. Episode 4, a spooky monster-of-the-week episode, was alright I guess.

The decision was right, with all that fans' demand and a couple of loose ends still existing from Season Nine. I'm more let down by the execution, the sloppy acting at times (Agent Einstein really grinds my gears with the exalted way she is portrayed) and the lighting concept that has little to nothing in common with what made the series so original or creepy at times to start with.

Most of the episodes in Season Ten feel convoluted and especially the first and last episode are trying too hard to explain the overall mystery, the conspiracy within the conspiracy. It feels rushed, badly put together and lacking the heart and conviction of what made the series so good in the beginning.

Episode Two was the best out of the bunch. Episode Three is merely down to a writer indulging himself in the more wacky aspect of urban myths and detective novellas. I found it rather amusing, but as with similar episodes in the original series (especially at the start of the franchise), it shouldn't be taken too seriously.

My only hope is that they'll get back to basics and care a bit more about execution and storytelling as we are likely to enter Season Eleven at some point in the near future.

The "Trashman" in Episode Four was a step in the right direction (but again, poorly executed with regards to how it came about and its motivation towards the end).

The decision was right, with all that fans' demand and a couple of loose ends still existing from Season Nine. I'm more let down by the execution, the sloppy acting at times (Agent Einstein really grinds my gears with the exalted way she is portrayed)

I'd rather have loose ends and 5 hours of my life back than that shit. Though I should have known not to keep watching, I couldn't help myself, I wanted to believe it would be better.

Please, please, please don't let them do a spin-off with her and Miller.

Most of the episodes in Season Ten feel convoluted and especially the first and last episode are trying too hard to explain the overall mystery, the conspiracy within the conspiracy. It feels rushed, badly put together and lacking the heart and conviction of what made the series so good in the beginning.

Chris Carter just isn't a good writer, not anymore if he ever was. Wait until season 11 when this is all really an alien conspiracy.

Episode Two was the best out of the bunch. Episode Three is merely down to a writer indulging himself in the more wacky aspect of urban myths and detective novellas. I found it rather amusing, but as with similar episodes in the original series (especially at the start of the franchise), it shouldn't be taken too seriously.

I can see how some people found it funny, and I did enjoy the graveyard scene, but as with the rest of the season, I thought it was poorly executed as you say.

The "Trashman" in Episode Four was a step in the right direction (but again, poorly executed with regards to how it came about and its motivation towards the end).

I agree about the whole motivation at the end. But like episode 3, you can see why they did it.

Who's been watching season 2 of The Flash? I didn't think it would top season 1 but it is. Brilliant viewing, great story and tons of WTF moments. It restarts again on Sky next week but already 5/6 episodes have aired in the states and all of them have been excellent

I'm a Walking Dead fanatic and I never thought I'd say this but The Flash is my favourite show right now

Edited by Chrisuki

Who's been watching season 2 of The Flash? I didn't think it would top season 1 but it is. Brilliant viewing, great story and tons of WTF moments. It restarts again on Sky next week but already 5/6 episodes have aired in the states and all of them have been excellent

I'm a Walking Dead fanatic and I never thought I'd say this but The Flash is my favourite show right now

Yes,The Flash is very good,the reveals always keep you guessing,have tried to avoid any spoilers as i know Zooms identity has just been revealed

Limitless fell on its arse a bit this week. Hopefully it'll pick up now that it seems Brad's coming in to it more.

I found the whole situation with his dad and the nurse all too predictable.

I watch it on Kodi and I'm up to about episode 16 or 17. It's getting a bit too gimmicky, 1 episode where everybody says hug instead of rape/murder really got on my Bristols.

I watch it on Kodi and I'm up to about episode 16 or 17. It's getting a bit too gimmicky, 1 episode where everybody says hug instead of rape/murder really got on my Bristols.

I've watched the first 6 and I'm undecided about it. The problem is that after 6 episodes, I feel obliged to carry on.

It's not that I don't like it, i do. It's just getting a little repetitive.