Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Really enjoyed squid game but agree, final game especially was very underwhelming, they need more skill based games and less luck based for the next one as it would have a better balance obviously you need luck to win and they should have luck based challenges but other than the marbles and the cookie and the box on the table I think basically every other challenge was pure luck.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Samu said:

Agree with you mostly on this, however I found the finale to be uninspiring and pretty boring to be honest. Definitely a fair share of luck required, and next to no skill.

Also, I just don't understand the tactics used by one of the final 3 once the first person had chosen their shape. I'm not sure why they volunteered to go first as it basically gave them a 50/50 chance of getting eliminated. If they had chosen 2nd, they would have pretty much been guaranteed a spot in the final 2 (given that the other person could have either picked the red shape and got eliminated or picked the green and chosen the other individual for the final spot). Seemed a very odd tactic, which ultimately backfired.

I felt like that person didn't want to but 'took one for the team' but you're right, if that person had really thought about it, they should have insisted in at least a coin toss type of way to chose who went next. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Assuming you mean the original, one of my top 5 shows of all time. 

Probably the best murder mystery ever made. 

And what a jumper. 

Not the Danish one, no. Not sure where I could find that - and it wouldn’t suit being on while I work as I can’t speak Danish. 

On 09/12/2023 at 18:55, Parafox said:

Did anybody else watch Masterchef, The Professionals, this week? 

The restaurant "Alchemist" that was featured was, and I rarely use this word in full context, AMAZING!

Yes, just binged watched the whole series in the last two weeks.

An indescribable experience, some very challenging dishes too, mind you at nearly £1k per person you'd want something extraordinary!

I can't comprehend paying that for a meal.

On 03/12/2023 at 22:45, Tommy Fresh said:

Watch Love/Hate on ITVx man, 5 series, very good cast and Aidan Gillen fron Kin is in it as well. Definitely power through the first series though, it grows in to a much better series than the first would have you think.

Started from the beginning of this with series 1.

Bloody hell its like being back in memory lane!!!

Its slow going and i can see my Mrs look at me and think "what the feck"

But ive told het Tommy Fresh has recommended it so lets stick with it!!!

If she leaves me because of this it will be on your fecking head.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Raj said:

Started from the beginning of this with series 1.

Bloody hell its like being back in memory lane!!!

Its slow going and i can see my Mrs look at me and think "what the feck"

But ive told het Tommy Fresh has recommended it so lets stick with it!!!

If she leaves me because of this it will be on your fecking head.

Haha, yeah once you get past that hazey looking first series it definitely gets a lot better, mainly because it doesn't look so dated but the writing seems to get better as well.

• Thanks 1