Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

7 hours ago, Ian W LCFC said:

House of the dragon finale. It would actually be great if it was a 'normal' episode, but it just isn't how a series should end. A long wait for Season 3 now.

SNOREFEST.

It's like they are running a ridiculously tight budget.

Writing team... Alright folks we need some dragon action for this finale. We'll have ol' one eye slap this place down, it'll be great. Then someone steps in with the woah woah woah there, costs too much for this dragon cgi, just show the aftermath for 3 seconds, the viewers aren't here for action, they're here for an hour of talking about dragon fighting.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Innovindil said:

SNOREFEST.

It's like they are running a ridiculously tight budget.

Writing team... Alright folks we need some dragon action for this finale. We'll have ol' one eye slap this place down, it'll be great. Then someone steps in with the woah woah woah there, costs too much for this dragon cgi, just show the aftermath for 3 seconds, the viewers aren't here for action, they're here for an hour of talking about dragon fighting.

Yeah it was a big old anticlimax. Should have been the penultimate one based on the setup. Only 2 years to wait to see the next episode 🙄

The new Time Bandits. 

Absolutely dreadful. An expensive kids tv show where all the characters are just overly daft and the acting is completely rubbish. If you're 11 years old it might appeal but other wise avoid like the plague. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Need something new to watch, will be lost without the Olympics tonight!

Have you seen Snowfall? 

Set at the beginning of the crack epidemic in 80s USA, great music, 6 seasons long

• Like 2

Flintoff field of dreams doc is a heartwarming watch, as someone who works with youngsters with similar stories, it's great what opportunities can do. 

What a guy, and fair play to him for following through with this. Could quite easily have said **** it after what happened. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Flintoff field of dreams doc is a heartwarming watch, as someone who works with youngsters with similar stories, it's great what opportunities can do. 

What a guy, and fair play to him for following through with this. Could quite easily have said **** it after what happened. 

agreed I just watched that was really good, looking forward to the rest of the series.

One of the lads had a Leicester bed spread lol 

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

agreed I just watched that was really good, looking forward to the rest of the series.

One of the lads had a Leicester bed spread lol 

Yeah caught me by surprise that as well. Took me back to my teenage years lol seemed a good lad too 

• Haha 1

On 02/08/2024 at 02:20, Dreadnought said:

Snowfall on iPlayer. 

Not sure why this hasn’t got more attention as it deserves it. 

All about LA in the 1980s and how crack took hold of the place. 

Great fashion: Lacoste and Fila. 
Great music and fantastic characters and acting. 

If you liked Narcos and Narcos Mexico, this is a step up and dare I say it, even better than Breaking Bad!

There are six series and I have done the lot in a few weeks. 

I really want to watch this.. but desperately feel the need for subtitles lol 

11 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

About to get in the car to take my lad to see Gladiators be filmed for the BBC in Sheffield. Quite looking forward to it if I’m honest, used to enjoy this as a child.

Took my then 3 youngsters to see Wolf and Jet from the original show back in the 90s, open a store. Jet came up to one of my lads, who I was holding, and went to give him a kiss, he turned away. I said you can kiss me if you like but she walked off. :cry:

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Haha 3

Just finished Boys Season 4. Thought it was darker than previous seasons largely cos it was less humorous which was to its detriment. I will also say the lobotomy scene with sage was horrific. Literally couldnt watch it. Overall though it was still great and a fantastic satire of Trumpian America. Assuming the final season isn't a disaster The Boys will enter my top 5 shows ever. It's been that good.

12 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Took my then 3 youngsters to see Wolf and Jet from the original show back in the 90s, open a store. Jet came up to one of my lads, who I was holding, and went to give him a kiss, he turned away. I said you can kiss me if you like but she walked off. :cry:

Quite enjoyed yesterday but it was a LONG day. I was lucky enough to have priority tickets which meant we had guaranteed entry but had to collect tickets by 11:30. So we got there an hour early in case of M1 issues (it was fine). Filming started about 1pm and finished at 9:30pm. Brilliant atmosphere and the events looks cracking in person.

Turned out it was the Grand Final, so we now know who wins the series without seeing the 10 episodes that will air first 😂

House of the Dragon finale was terrible. Basically an elongated trailer for the next season. 

Started season 4 of Umbrella Academy. I loved seasons 1-3 and there’s definitely been a drop in quality but still enjoying it. 

9 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

House of the Dragon finale was terrible. Basically an elongated trailer for the next season. 

Started season 4 of Umbrella Academy. I loved seasons 1-3 and there’s definitely been a drop in quality but still enjoying it. 

Game of Thrones was the same if I remember correctly. The penultimate episode of each season was where the action was most of the time.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Game of Thrones was the same if I remember correctly. The penultimate episode of each season was where the action was most of the time.

I’ve been rewatching Game of Throne funnily enough. They definitely pack the action into the penultimate episodes but the finales are nowhere near as poor as House of The Dragon was. Game of Thrones feels superior in every way. Even though I’ve seen it before and some of it looks a little dated it’s a far better show. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I’ve been rewatching Game of Throne funnily enough. They definitely pack the action into the penultimate episodes but the finales are nowhere near as poor as House of The Dragon was. Game of Thrones feels superior in every way. Even though I’ve seen it before and some of it looks a little dated it’s a far better show. 

Christ, if this is that worse I can only imagine how bad the ending is going to be