Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Has  anyone heard of a  series called Lucifer? Watched the pilot earlier. It's about the devil who is fed up with Hell and  comes to live in LA. He  has the ability to make people confess their desires. He then joins the LAPD to help with investigations and deal out punishment. It has a lot of humour and is played  by a British  actor. The credits never said who. It's not bad but it may be repetitive with the dialogue over several episodes. Worth giving it a go though.

No further episodes  yet.

Stars: Kristen BittingJordan CockeramTom Ellis

Think it is Tom Ellis who takes the lead role

Edited by Rincewind

I am about halfway through Gotham at the moment. It is a baffling show because they get so many things so right such as the casting of various characters, dymanic between Gordon and Bullock, Gordon character and how they have placed some villians in the show such as Penguin just starting his rise through the criminal underworld, Nygama inside the police and Dent at the beginning of his career. However I am really unsure on some plot arcs such as Bruce, I think he is advancing too quickly and gave too much leeway by Alfred or Selina, I like her attachment to Bruce but it is rather growing too quickly. 

This is also the question introducing too many villains at the start- who they would use in latter seasons? 

Likes of Mr.Freeze, Scarecrow, The Joker should be saved until latter seasons.

@@General Smuts @@Carl the Llama @@Christoph @@rico I saw that you all posted about it earlier-what are your thoughts? 

Watched it. Loved it!

May give it a go. I started to watch War and Peace. Not seen last weeks yet but tbh I am bored with it already. Glad I have never attempted the book. I cannot connect with any of the characters. No sympathy or empathy. I like Dickensian though.

Bloody love Deutschland 83. Best thing on the telly in ages. An absolute masterpiece.

Completely not what I was expecting.

I've not seemed to pick a side on what I want to happen or go wrong and am enjoying the ride. What a complex character Tischbier is!

Whats good on Netflix / Amazon prime? I have seen all the well known shows and I'm looking for something else, all seems bang average or just plain shite. Should I give Luther a go? And what about Fargo? should I watch the film first?

Edited by Beliall

Whats good on Netflix / Amazon prime? I have seen all the well known shows and I'm looking for something else, all seems bang average or just plain shite. Should I give Luther a go? And what about Fargo? should I watch the film first?

You're going to love fargo

Luther is the best detective series in recent years. Better than Sherlock imo.

Last year and this year Luther was only average. Sherlock was not much good for the NY special this year either.

Both are worth watching. I also enjoyed Marco Polo and Longmire;

Californication

Try Lucifer. Watched the second episode tonight. Funny in parts. The devil takes a Vacation in LA and ends up helping a female police detective solve cases.He has the ability to make people confess their desires but it does not work with her.

It was co-created by Neil Gaiman so I imagine that is where the humour comes from. Played by a British actor. Lucifer has his own method of dealing out punishment. (Tom Ellis)

The series was not aired officially until last week but somebody sneaked it out online last August which is why there was a long wait for the second episode.

Anyway give it a go but don't blame me if you do not like it. It suits my SOH. :)

http://putlocker.is/watch-lucifer-tvshow-online-free-putlocker.html

Watched the first part of the ne X Files. Wow there's a lot of conspiracy ln it.

Edited by Rincewind

I am about halfway through Gotham at the moment. It is a baffling show because they get so many things so right such as the casting of various characters, dymanic between Gordon and Bullock, Gordon character and how they have placed some villians in the show such as Penguin just starting his rise through the criminal underworld, Nygama inside the police and Dent at the beginning of his career. However I am really unsure on some plot arcs such as Bruce, I think he is advancing too quickly and gave too much leeway by Alfred or Selina, I like her attachment to Bruce but it is rather growing too quickly. 

This is also the question introducing too many villains at the start- who they would use in latter seasons? 

Likes of Mr.Freeze, Scarecrow, The Joker should be saved until latter seasons.

@@General Smuts @@Carl the Llama @@Christoph @@rico I saw that you all posted about it earlier-what are your thoughts? 

I'm liking it better than the 1st series ,agree with the Bruce Wayne story,i find this the least interesting plot story