Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

I wasn't that keen on the film, the tv show is brilliant though, especially the first series.

thanks, ill give it a watch after luther, which i have just started.

Both are worth watching. I also enjoyed Marco Polo and Longmire;

I'll add them to my list

Californication

Seen it, one of my fave series ever.

Watched a couple of things last night. Caught up with the X Files. The third was a little too jokey for me. More like a comedy show.

Also watched something caled heroes of tomorrow. (I think( A hero travels back in time to gather a group of super heroes and villians to stop a bloke who takes over the world in the future. There was a two part pilot. Could be interesting but hope they don't spend a few series just on this one theme.

Has anyone seen White Collar?

Brilliant show with many likeable characters - based around a con artist getting out of a jail sentence and working for the FBI instead

Not original by any means but very solid if you're after something outside the mainstream genre

Watched the pilot of Prison Break last night. Not sure about it. Found it hard to follow although watching it at gone midnight may not have helped. Seemed a little strange attempting to rob a bank just to be arrested and then plan an escape from inside the prison.

What if he had been sent to a different one to his brother?

Watched the pilot of Prison Break last night. Not sure about it. Found it hard to follow although watching it at gone midnight may not have helped. Seemed a little strange attempting to rob a bank just to be arrested and then plan an escape from inside the prison.

What if he had been sent to a different one to his brother?

keep watching..............

Anyone been following the new X Files? Any Good?

Just watched the first new episode last night. Felt like they should have given it an hour as it felt rushed as ****. Dialogue parping on at a million miles an hour. People showing up conveniently nearly in every scene, and somehow it felt/looked a bit cheap.

However saying all that I'll probably watch the others, and on and on until the end of the season anyways.

• Like 1

Anyone been following the new X Files? Any Good?

The first episode was a bit meh, I thought they should've opened the new mini series with a longer introduction. It felt somewhat aimless and carelessly thrown together, like a mere vehicle to set the new grounds for the following five parts.

The second episode was much better and reminded me of the beginnings.

The third and currently last one was a nod to previous humorous outings in the 90ies and shouldn't be taken that seriously. It was announced beforehand the creators would be going in a different way as opposed to the rather dark and twisted tone that encompassed the original series.

All in all, it's promising. But Gillian Anderson didn't look too good in the first episode and more like an ad for plastic surgery whilst David Duchovny appears as if he's put on some weight and taken up a liking for liquor, which is surely in parts down to modern HD technology that makes it near-impossible to hide skin flaws or wrinkles. I also don't like the lighting concept. It's too bright for my taste and is a stark contrast to the mystery factor from times past.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

Saw this TV series when looking for a film. 

Safe House

Anyone seen it. It is English and set in the Lake District.

Watched it last year. Can't remember much about it but think is was okay - not too long either.

Just watched it. It was a mini series (4 ep) that was on ITV 2 Christopher Ecleson. I thought it was good. Crime mystery with twists.

Not sure where in the Lakes it was set but there was some good scenery shots of the hills and valleys so it may have been the  North Lakes. And shot in Summer. No snow about. The lake it was shot near never looked like Windermere anyway. Worth watching for the views and CE was good.

Edited by Rincewind

Legends of Tomorrow. Not too bad. A group of super heroes and villains team up to travel back in time to stop an immortal tyrant before he takes over the world. Just watched the third episode. Some good action scenes in it.  

Edited by Rincewind