Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Just watched this. What a croc of shit so disappointed

Maybe one expects too much as a fan of the original series. There's elements of suspense and mystery with Season Ten, but I find it hard to relate to the new mini-series, even though I want it to continue so bad. The four episodes so far have been a mixed bag. The latest one again shows promise, but is a bit let down in terms of execution. The "monster of the week" was an interesting construct this time around, I just couldn't relate to the reasoning behind its existence.

Two more to go. Hope they do a bit better with those two.

Maybe one expects too much as a fan of the original series. There's elements of suspense and mystery with Season Ten, but I find it hard to relate to the new mini-series, even though I want it to continue so bad. The four episodes so far have been a mixed bag. The latest one again shows promise, but is a bit let down in terms of execution. The "monster of the week" was an interesting construct this time around, I just couldn't relate to the reasoning behind its existence.

Skinner seems to look the same as he did 10 years but Mulder, Sculley and Cig man look like extras from the Evil Dead.

Only watched episode 1 but whats Mulder going on about? Aliens don't exist and its just a secret agenda to promote technology left by the Roswell incident on the masses?

Skinner seems to look the same as he did 10 years but Mulder, Sculley and Cig man look like extras from the Evil Dead.

Only watched episode 1 but whats Mulder going on about? Aliens don't exist and its just a secret agenda to promote technology left by the Roswell incident on the masses?

That's what I meant in an earlier post. I was expecting the first episode lasting a bit longer so to lay solid foundations for the mini-series (or beyond that).

The notion that the Aliens aren't evil or the main antagonists, but a secret organization using alien technology for its own advantage and claim to power should've been explained in more detail.

As it stands, the first episode leaves many people scratching their heads and you don't have to be a fan of the original series to realize how poorly executed the concept was. It felt overly rushed and lacked cohesion. In order to explain the new basic theory, it should've been played over two full episodes to start with. The main threat doesn't come across as such so far.

Top Gear episode 1 will have millions of viewers.

episode 2 will have about 3 viewers.

I can see this absolutely bombing. It might not necessarily be a bad show but people are so used to Clarkson May and Hammond that fans of Top Gear just wont accept it even if its a good format.

Oh good they've drafted in Eddie Jordan aka the worst thing about watching F1 on the BBC as in so excruciating to watch you question was it worth tuning in to ogle Suzi Perri.  Was half looking forward to the new Top Gear before that little revelation.

I didn't watch X-Files when it initially came out but tried to do so a few years ago. I was sorely disappointed with the acting and the storylines. I expected so much given what people had said at the time. I stopped late on in the first season.

This was an excellent first series, will defintiely give it a go. 

Are they stand alone episodes?

Been criticized for characters mumbling their lines but doesnt detract from the fine acting,continues from 1st series but with a new case to solve

Og28PsW.jpg

Macho male shit series before. With all these presenters maybe it'll be an Apprentice / Top Gear Cross show, where the audience can vote off a presenter each week before watching the grand final and buying the stig doll.

They have a French Top Gear show. Saw they were using Sting in the adverts he is "The Sting". It sorta works with a french accent.

Watched the first eps of S2 Happy Valley last night. Fantastic. Really enjoyed the first season and thrilled that the second has started so well.

Also watched eps 2 of Vera which is of a decent standard for those who like detective dramas.

Shame we finished the night with Mad Max.