Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Who's been watching season 2 of The Flash? I didn't think it would top season 1 but it is. Brilliant viewing, great story and tons of WTF moments. It restarts again on Sky next week but already 5/6 episodes have aired in the states and all of them have been excellent

I'm a Walking Dead fanatic and I never thought I'd say this but The Flash is my favourite show right now

I like the Flash but like Arrow I don't think it's particularly great television; they're my guilty pleasure shows for when I don't want to worry too much about smart dialogue or inventive storytelling and get straight into hyperbolic superhero talk with ridiculous showdowns against contrived villains.  Of course there's the argument that that's exactly what good TV is about.

Anybody a fan of Fresh Meat? Second ep of the las series is on tonight. I think it's one of the only things I can tolerate Jack Whitehall in. I don't know about the rest of the student population on here but I find it very relevant!

One of my favourite shows. When I was away at university, yeah, I thought it wad spot on with lots of things.

Anybody watching Friday night dinner? My wife is in the kitchen watching it on the iPad and nearly pissing her knickers with laughter. Never head of it but I've not heard her laugh out loud like that for ages...

Started watching that new BBC drama 'thirteen' last night, thought it was very good.

Finished the second series of Peaky Blinders again last night too. The last episode of that series is some of the best TV I've seen in ages, can't wait for series 3 with Paddy Considine joining the cast.

Started watching that new BBC drama 'thirteen' last night, thought it was very good.

Finished the second series of Peaky Blinders again last night too. The last episode of that series is some of the best TV I've seen in ages, can't wait for series 3 with Paddy Considine joining the cast.

Last episode shocked me, think it's brilliantly done.

I'm enjoying 22 11 63. Recommended.

I've been watching that. Think I'm up to #3. It is a Stephen King book Read about two chapters. May start again in sync with the series. Stephen King does pick some difficult subjects but it is said authors should write what they know about. Most of his books are set in Maine and a character who is a writer or teacher. When he was going through a lean time he taught creative writing at evening class. I wonder how many ideas he gets from students? One of my favourite writers.

• Like 1

House of Cards season 4,up to episode 3 already. Really like the power struggle storyline that's carried over from season 3. Good so far, don't see it taking me long to get through it all after a weekend away at work

Gotta give a plug for Black Sails halfway thru season 3 it's an excellent watch. Pirate show with historical and fictional characters. Plot is set 20 years before Robert Louis Stevenson's 'Treasure Island'.

Better thank Game of Thrones for me.

Anyone remember the Time Tunnel? Just watched the first one. 1966. It seems so bad now. The first one landed on the Titanic the day before it went down. He thought by telling the captain that he was from the future he would be believed. Then the other tried to rescue him which is how they got stuck in time.

The next one they are in a Lunar rocket just before it takes off.Can;t they land somewhere simple like the KP.

Now watching The night Manager.Watched the first two online. 3rd episode is on BBC now. Not bad. Its based on a John La Carrie novel. Hugh Laurie is the baddie.

Edited by Rincewind

Anybody watching Friday night dinner? My wife is in the kitchen watching it on the iPad and nearly pissing her knickers with laughter. Never head of it but I've not heard her laugh out loud like that for ages...

Love it it's brilliant so funny the dad in it is fantastic! New series soon to!

• Like 2

just started GOT.... not sure its gonna make the cut

Stick with it, it really picks up the pace in season two. 

It is surely an unwritten rule of modern television nowdays that the first season is often slow so all viewers have to get through the first season before they can seriously consider ditching the show now?

Edited by The Blur

Brilliant. Loved it.